Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 88 supra turbo...my old turbo seals blew so the car had sat for a lil while but i finally put it back together with a gt35r. when i went to turn it on it kicks over but turns right off. if i give it some gas as im cranking it, it will start but wont run right at all until over about 2500 rpms. before the repair it ran fine even with a huge a/r compaired to the gt35r which has a smaller hot side...also my brake lights dont work, the switch under the pedal is fine already checked that. i was told it might be the circuit board in the back of the car and read i can bypass that some how but i would have a third brake light. i would rather have all three but ill be fine with just the two side ones.....dose anyone have any ideas or solutions for me i would be very greatful thank you

·
The Great Kruso
3,875 Posts
Did you unplug the coilpacks by any chance? Sounds like they might be hooked up backwards. For the brake lights, check the fuses first and then the box in the rear.

·
The Great Kruso
3,875 Posts
Check your ECU for codes... that might narrow down the culprit.

·
The Great Kruso
3,875 Posts
Unless your check engine light bulb is broken, there's a problem with the ECU. The CEL should always come on with the ignition in the ON position or the ECU is not getting power.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
There can be codes stored that don't leave the light on. Just jumper e1 and te1 in the diagnostic block (behind the fuse box behind the battery).

As for the tail light box. Take it apart and check the solder joints. Most of the time you can simply resolder a couple of them and be fine.

·
Slowly but Surely
1,438 Posts
That pic (concluding from that thread) is from a 5M-GE engine. If YOU have a 7MGTE then you should have Te1 and E1 in your diagnostic box. Take a pic of your diagnostic cap, then i'll believe you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts