Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Union Proud
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As a Massachusetts firefighter, I've been asked to "spread the word" about the 6th annual Worcester 6 memorial race. The race is in memory of the 6 Worcester firefighters who lost their lives in the fire at the Worcester Cold Storage building on December 3, 1999. One of the 6 lived in my hometown, about 30 minutes from Worcester, so it's kind of a big thing for us.

The race starts and ends at Institute Park (WPI) in Worcester. Public service (police officers/firefighters) can enter in teams of 3 and compete. The race is open to anyone to either run or walk the ~3.73 mile course. There is also a 1 mile walk. You can run or walk however much you want. Food and drinks will be available along with live entertainment in the park. The day ends with a post-race party at the Atrium in Worcester.

The race takes place on the 2nd Sunday in June, this year's date is June 12, 2005, at 1:00 PM. Entry donation is $15, all proceeds go to local charities. Again, you don't have to run, most people walk. It's for a good cause and it's a good way to remember the 6 who lost their lives.

Donations can be made as well.

If you do decide to go, let me know and maybe we can meet up afterwards. I'll be running with a few guys from my dept., but we can meet up before and after, or we can run together if you decide to run. If you could spread the word to anyone you know who might be interested and lives in the area, I'd appreciate it greatly.

A tribute can be seen here: http://www.wfd6k.org/media/TRIBUTE.EXE

PM me, or go to www.wfd6k.org for more info.

Thanks guys,
Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts