Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been looking at Work Equips lately for my 93.5 TT Hardtop. Does anyone have them? I am trying to figure out the offsets. I been trying to search through the forums and have been through the wheel sticky's and threads. I want to get them in 19's. If anyone has them, I just want to know the size rims and tires that they are using, and the most important, the OFFSETS so i can clear the calipers. Please help! Thanks.

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
stock calipers shouldnt have probelm clearing. but equips are known for not having very high pads. so a BBK is pretty much out of the question. i wish i had somre more info but all i can give u is that since i have them on my mk3. best wheels ever IMO. :cool:

id assume u should be ok with 18x9.5 in front 18x10.5 in rear with semi stretch on tires and rolled fenders with +37 offset all around. thats about max. im running 18x9.5 18x10.5 with 27 offset all aroudn on my 3 but had to have a body shop cut and pull all 4 fenders 1" to clear. mkiv's have more clearence then a 3 so this is why i think as stated above should be a safe bet. :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IIRR theres a JDM site you can buy them from. Password JDM or something. G' Luck man.
Nothing but honda's in that site. I think the largest size wheels were 17's not even works in there. thanks though

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
stock calipers shouldnt have probelm clearing. but equips are known for not having very high pads. so a BBK is pretty much out of the question. i wish i had somre more info but all i can give u is that since i have them on my mk3. best wheels ever IMO. :cool:

id assume u should be ok with 18x9.5 in front 18x10.5 in rear with semi stretch on tires and rolled fenders with +37 offset all around. thats about max. im running 18x9.5 18x10.5 with 27 offset all aroudn on my 3 but had to have a body shop cut and pull all 4 fenders 1" to clear. mkiv's have more clearence then a 3 so this is why i think as stated above should be a safe bet. :)
So no big brakes for me? I was wanting to upgrade to that. Thanks for the input. i got cut fenders in the rear so i am thinking 10.5-11 with stretched tires. for the fronts though, i just want it to clear the caliper. thats why i was asking if anyone had any works on there car. your offsets are crazy. i wanted to pull the fender too but the shop where my car is getting painted said they didnt recommend it. i just wanted the rim to be flushed with the body. by the way? where did you buy your wheels at? i saw that porche in your myspace with the works, what size is he running?

·
Super Moderator
10,537 Posts
HRS Enterprises, (415) 861-2181. Ask for Harry Hayashi or Tim Chinn. I have purchased four sets of Work wheels from HRS over the years. Nobody can do a better job of meeting your needs than these guys. Tell 'em I sent ya.

Ken.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HRS Enterprises, (415) 861-2181. Ask for Harry Hayashi or Tim Chinn. I have purchased four sets of Work wheels from HRS over the years. Nobody can do a better job of meeting your needs than these guys. Tell 'em I sent ya.

Ken.
Thanks for the info. I called today and they referred me to their dealer in San Diego, Pann Auto. My friend just told me that he talked to his friend at speed alliance. He said that they work equips are not being made anymore. :( he is still gonna check again though. so if you know of any place or person that has them, PM me.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I had some Equips that I bought used from Tripz for my MKIV and I had to use spacers/adapters so I sold them. The spokes are pretty flat so it's hard for the fronts to clear the TT calipers. Good luck. Last time I checked, 5Zigen USA had something to do with marketing Works in the US.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Ken.
Thanks for the info. I called today and they referred me to their dealer in San Diego, Pann Auto. My friend just told me that he talked to his friend at speed alliance. He said that the work equips are not being made anymore. :( he is still gonna double check again though. so if you know of any place or person that has them, PM me.

·
Registered
856 Posts
there 18s and the only pics of my car on the web is in the mkiv supra roll call Sticky page 12 post #286 the owner before me put it there.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
there 18s and the only pics of my car on the web is in the mkiv supra roll call Sticky page 12 post #286 the owner before me put it there.
The rims look great on your car. What are the rim/tire sizes and offsets on that?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i am checking everywhere online right now. Discontinued. Oh the Horror!!!! anyone that knows where to get any, PM me please!!! 19" work equips

1 - 15 of 15 Posts