Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Stumbled on to this today, seems to be the most advanced and best EBC out there?
Looks trick as hell to, with touch screen and all :D

Any feedback/thoughts/oppnions on this item? I know Chris rado is a big baller but what about this product of his?

http://world-motorsports.com/wmmain.htm

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Nowhere NEAR enough information in that blurb about it to even tell how it works. How is it detecting gear? Solenoid or stepper motor? 1/10th PSI accurate - in control or pressure readings? Touch screen doesn't do JACK for controlling boost - he gives NO details on how it actually works. Why would you want your boost controler to retard ignition? :confused: A grand+ for a boost controller? My AEM didn't cost too much more than that and with a $25 solenoid it controls boost VERY well. I dunno' - WHO exactly is using that thing?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BLKMGK,

That is also what I am wondering, exactly HOW does it operate and WHO has this in his car?

It sure is bling bling though :D

·
2/3 HP to the Paws
1,519 Posts
I already have the world's best boost controller, it's called an AEM EMS.

And it's roughly the same price as this thing. :wtf:

·
Sooooooo JDM
1,221 Posts
I spoke with Chris about this about 7~8 months ago (when I was Pre-AEM). He's a very difficult person to get OFF the phone. Very vague on the details and would rather throw around his credentials than anything else. It took about 25 mins to get a price out of him. I about shat when he told me the price. "But it's a technical MARVEL...going to revolutionize the industry..blah..blah". Sure, but for $1000+ it better "service" me while I drive :D . Aside from that, I get sick of reading his column in SCC where can't seem to make it one month without plugging "World Products" and how difficult it is to run a race team and buisiness. Cry me a river. Anyways.....it's still damn near impossible to beat the good 'ole $40 MBC. Unless I see otherwise (ain't gonna happen) best of luck.

Ryan

·
Not compensating at all
185 Posts
Well I have been following this thread since it's inception. Basically you have to understand that 7-8 months ago the EBC wasn't released to the public and was under some heavy scrutiny.
Chris has been working on this EBC for the better part of 4 years now. So if you had spent that amount of time on something and it wasn't even ready, wouldn't you be a little sheltered about it?
As for more product info, I believe he should at least give a detailed description of how it works.
As for the "pain in the ass" of running both a business and race team, ask any shop/team the same question and they'll probably all answer the same. He just has an outlet to do it in each month so countless readers can read it. From all accounts this EBC will revolutinize the industry, we just need to give it some time.

·
Sooooooo JDM
1,221 Posts
IStandalone said:
Well I have been following this thread since it's inception.
Didn't this thread start yesterday?

IStandalone said:

Basically you have to understand that 7-8 months ago the EBC wasn't released to the public and was under some heavy scrutiny.
Chris has been working on this EBC for the better part of 4 years now. So if you had spent that amount of time on something and it wasn't even ready, wouldn't you be a little sheltered about it?
As for more product info, I believe he should at least give a detailed description of how it works.
Anyways, 7-8 months ago Chris shot me an E-mail saying to call him, as he didn't want to discuss it over E-mail....fair enough. I did, no answer, and left a message. He called ME back. There was apparently one guy out in Cali running around with his EBC, so as far as availability goes, you could have got it had you heard about it. He didn't ask me to beta test it (as I have with other companies products in the past) and obviously the pricing schedule reflected that. I would still love to see an unbiased test of it's capabilities against any other EBC, MBC or the AEM solution. I'm not seeing the value and apparently no one else is either (from all accounts, these are not exactly flying off the shelves)

IStandalone said:

As for the "pain in the ass" of running both a business and race team, ask any shop/team the same question and they'll probably all answer the same. He just has an outlet to do it in each month so countless readers can read it. From all accounts this EBC will revolutinize the industry, we just need to give it some time.
Like I said, I get sick of reading the plugs every issue and have expressed my opinion to SCC directly. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I do look forward to reading the columns from the different contributors every month (even Chris when there is content). There can be some good info found as some of these folks are obviously closer to the "industry" than most of the readers.

Ryan

·
Not compensating at all
185 Posts
Ryan,
I absolutely agree with you about an unbiased test.
Don't get me wrong, I would like to see these EBC's do well because I have been following them since the beginning (and seen how hard Chris/World Electronics has worked on them).
But I won't just jump on the bandwagon if something else is "truely" better.
I think the idea of holding boost so well is a huge draw for me and any safety minded consumer/racer/tuner.
Can somebody explain to me how the boost control feature works on the AEM?
I would love to get a testing session between similar boost controllers (I could get the World-Racing and AEM to test if someone else would donate any other?)
Anyways, great argument coming from you. I hope others will contribute as well.

·
Living the dream...
539 Posts

You replied to a thread that is TWO YEARS OLD!!!!

Stop it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.