Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hardtop Crew
6,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Long story short i bought a 5 speed mkiv with swapped aristo twins basically stock

Heres my problem. I blew my first w58 this winter being stupid and loading up the trans in 5th gear. In the summer I could do pulls perfectly fine. I just paid 750 to replace the piece of shit w58 and now im worried that im going to blow the trans again. The trans is rebuilt with an act clutch with less than 1k miles.It shifts perfectly fine i just feel paranoid.

my mods are

apexi exhaust
dp
18psi
hks power fmic
greddy bcc

do you think if i get a boost controller and turn it down to 12 or so id be safe? This is really annoying me. Im stuck now.. I cannot afford a 6 speed or auto trans. Do you suggest selling my freshly built w58 and getting a 154? This is a nightmare i wish i had knowledge of supras more when i bought the damn thing.

if anyone has a boost controller id like to buy one. looking for a hks evc 3 or 4

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
You might want to ask some of the NA & NA-T guys in the NA forum. Unfortunately most of us in this section run 6spd's because our cars came with them stock so you might not get as much help in this section.

Maybe the R154 would get you buy if you aren't planning on making huge power.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
look into a r-154 and call it good

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
What what I have heard, R154's will not handle much over 450hp... seams like a waste of time and money to me...

Just turn the boost down and save up for a 6spd..

·
Registered
202 Posts
The r154 would be a better choice for huge power but i had the w58 in my car for a long time and they will put up with a lot!! mine blew cause i was being an idiot but overall it had 160k on it with over 500whp for the last 60k and just over 700whp for the last 20k and held up fine til i anti-lag launched it at 6000rpm's and 10psi on slicks. and still got me home making funny noises.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts