Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an opportunity to buy a '97 TT 6spd, red targa w/ black interior. ALL original, never modified, with 26k miles for $50k. Two owner car.

Would you buy at this price to either leave in garage, or flip down the road? Not my first Supra purchase, but sizable enough to make me think strongly about the all-cash purchase. I feel like it's only going to appreciate, someone talk me out of it.

Thanks

·
Registered
713 Posts
If you don't wanna buy it, I will. Please forward me sellers information.

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,331 Posts
IMO there are plenty of other investments that you can benefit more than a car, like rental property. Now, as far as pricing, if going by prices of current 60-70's muscle cars bring in, I really see clean unmolested TT's going over 100k in 10 years.

·
Boost Creep
3,491 Posts
Much better investments to make in my opinion, but if its all vins I don't see that as a bad price in the current ridiculous market we are in.

I wouldn't want to just sit and look at it either.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eric_C do you see that as a serious pricing issue? My understanding is it was from bumping a wall at very low speed.

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
Don't buy any car for an investment unless you really have a barn find with an owner that has no clue what the car is worth. You can average 8-12% in the stock market all day (well, not today!), over a period of years. Buy a car to drive and enjoy!

·
NY56637
1,813 Posts
Don't buy any car for an investment unless you really have a barn find with an owner that has no clue what the car is worth. You can average 8-12% in the stock market all day (well, not today!), over a period of years. Buy a car to drive and enjoy!
I agree. There are definitely cases where this works and I think Supras will be bringing in high dollar down the road. However, when you calculate the insurance over time, storage, risk of something happening to it over X years, maintenance, and etc. It just does not seem worth it purely as an investment as there are other options that are less risky with a higher return.

·
-Question Conjecture-
3,027 Posts
It has a fender replaced. This means it's not a matching numbers car anymore. Pass unless the price comes wayyyy down.

·
SF Sexy Member
355 Posts
I agree with the rest of the community regarding fender replaced.
It’s numbers not matching anymore.
What’s worst is who knows what other issue it has.
Do what is right.
Please forward ME seller’s information.

Kind Regards,

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, I'm passing on it.

Here is the listing that went up yesterday: https://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/cto/5469111913.html

The owner's name is Mike (817.279.2456), and he's a nice old man that just retired. He's had it last 7 years and said he drives it every week.

VIN number is JT2DE82A9V0039032

No compression tests have been done recently.

Will make a beautiful addition to a car barn.

Also, the car is in Granbury which is 1.5 hrs from downtown Dallas. He actually lives in the neighborhood I grew up in, which is very small. That is what originally caught my eye.

CW

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was planning on buying this car a few years back and the owner called a few weeks ago and I got it for wayyyyyy under asking price. Added it to the collection and its SUPER clean!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts