Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...I figure it's about time I spill *some* of the beans and at least give my 2cents on some of the finer shops I've worked with.

I'm pretty demanding...but fair IMO ;) -and I'm kinda cheap too. I've dealt with people, shops, etc in the Supra world since '98. I've seen it all....

Anyway, here's a few that I can stand behind 100% and why you all should consider them too:

WOTM - Ok, I've kinda know Ryan for a little while now. For...oh a year or more, I'd just PM him with all types of random questions and got a response in a day. Well, I finally pulled the trigger and picked up a new header and wastegate.

I got a modded T6 header from Woon, I swear it was on my doorstep in ~10days. Best part about this? It fit right on and I mean dead on, I didn't even have to mod my upper waterneck - just the lower one :D

The TiAL gate - was backordered from TiAL, I knew this. But it took even longer - hey, shit happens. But Woon was always only an IM or phone call away. The real wild thing?? He always, always answered the IM's and keep me in the loop on the gate. Waiting sucks, but not being kept in the loop sucks even more.

Even now, I've made a few random calls to him at 9pm during the week with some tech issues...I'm convinced I could track him down at almost any hour!

Both the header / gate were at a great price too.

DaveH - Drag racing, tranny and turbo guru. Bottomline? You need a turbo, you have to talk to Dave. Again, it's really a case of customer service, dave is available for questions / updates, etc all day long. Never, ever in the dark and great price.

FAST Motorsports - Ok, it's a local domestic shop here in S NJ...I started dynoing there last August and had a good experience there, so I got them to help with my latest project. Results? They modded my lower water neck and built me a full 5" DP and exhaust - for prices - well, that Supra owners are not use to paying!! :D Oh, and little things too like t-brake, trans refresh, made me a one piece compressor outlet pipe to my FMIC. Anyone need a 5" setup too?! This is another place that'll be working weekends and 'till 2am for ya too.

I went w/no muffler...it's really not that bad - sounds better than 4" for sure :)

That's my first "shop review" - if any of these places sucked or f-d around with me, I'd be the first up in arms!

Good luck...see you in the 9s,
Jay

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
Great writeup.........9's.........sounds more like 8's.

Jason

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heh...thanks - we'll see about that. Depends on how deep my pockets are this Summer!! I'd like to but out some 9.20s - 9.30s by Summer :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts