Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOTM kit is excellent quality and great fittment.
The 4in MP/DP is a great addition and I would not have been happy going any other route. Another local friend (Supra owner) is impressed by the "one off quality" of these products. Truly worth every pennie. I'm always recieving complement on the quality of these parts.........
No headaches, just bolt and go.

Thanks again to WOTM.COM

·
BLACKOUT
1,864 Posts
i beg to differ.....my experience with the wot kit was hell.....first off it took like 3 months to be put together , i was missing fittings for the wastegate , the fitting for the oil feed to turbo was not in the kit which had to be custom made , the intercooler pipping didnt fit right up and had to be cut , i needed a 120 degree elbow to be welded on to the turbo in order to fit to the intercooler pipping which i had to pay extra for , no new gaskets for the oil lines , the studs and nuts for the turbo to manifold didnt all fit properly and i had to get new ones , the o2 sensor bung on the downpipe was a screw in type and not the standard 2 bolt flange , the manifold had to be filed down with a drill bit to get the studs to fit , the wastegate dump tube didnt fit and had to be cut and welded......i attempted to do this swap and ran into a brick wall with the fitting....then it was one thing after another....this kit was as raw of a kit as it gets...the "bolt right up factor" was about a 1 out of 10 because the only thing that went on without a problem was the manifold....

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sorry to hear that you've had so many issues........Hopefully you've given Ryan some feedback to improve the products for future customers.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Let me put it this way. I could have made it from scratch and saved a lot of time and money. I would have also had a better finish product. Nothing fit and parts were missing. I had the exact problems as SUPRA180, if I did know any better I would have thought that was my post. They seemed more intent on saying it was me(someone that has installed many singles and worked on Supras longer than they have been in business) than really wanting to improve the problems they have. Ray Charles must test fit these for HPF.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
So does ANYONE make a turbo kit that actually fits, and includes everything we need to install it?

·
Premium Member
7,801 Posts
Hua said:
So does ANYONE make a turbo kit that actually fits, and includes everything we need to install it?

I think IMO all of them try to include everything but sometimes its just human error and some things get forgotten.............its never anything big its always little things like random fittings or clamps..........that arne't expensive but just a PITA and really important

·
Registered
101 Posts
xsentrixsupra said:
I think IMO all of them try to include everything but sometimes its just human error and some things get forgotten.............its never anything big its always little things like random fittings or clamps..........that arne't expensive but just a PITA and really important
I wish it was only a few random things.

1. Hardware missing(no lock washers/lock nuts and couple bolts wrong length).

2. Oil feed plug for second line missing.

3. Header stud hit the header.

4. Wastegate dump had to be trimmed and welded.

5. Downpipe/midpipe fit perfect(assuming your floorboard is two inches higher than stock)

6. Midpipe was two inches short(HPF told customer it was his exhaust, so he bought a new exhaust from HPF, i guess HPF sold him a catback that was two inches shorter too, because i am sure it isnt the turbo kit :rolleyes: )

7. It was ordered for a stock computer car, yet it did not have provisions for factory o2 sensors.)

8. Intercooler pipe to the turbo did not fit.

The customer finally said just make it work, he got tired of dealing with calling them, said they made him feel like he didnt know what he was talking about.

Other than the above mentioned and the stuff i know i left out, it was a great kit.

I know its a new kit and I expected to run into something but the way the customer was treated and the endless problems makes this experience extremely poor.

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
Dang, just get a BL kit and save yourself the headache! :) Nothing but love Ryan!!! I'm sure there two sides to every story and i'm sure Ryan will post here soon...
Peter

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
Supra180- What is your name and who did the kit ship to? I don't recall any one of my customers having the problems you listed.

We don't include IC piping so my IC piping could not have been wrong! I tell everyone the 4-Row piping mates up perfect with my kit and it does. Always has. I don't like putting elbows on turbos so I encourage everyone to run a 4-row with my kits

The oil feed kit is a standard -3 with the fitting for the block and turbo. That is never custom made and not sure why that was posted. I usually always have those in stock and can get those out quickly.

If you got a feed and return kit the return includes both gaskets for the top and bottom billet flanges

The feed kit does NOT use gaskets. The feed fitting goes into the turbo direct and the other fitting screws into the block and uses the factory crush washer. No gaskets there.

We ask all customers if they are running an AEM or factory ECU. That determines whether or not we put the factory two bolt 02 flange in the DP or just a wideband.

Let me know if there's anything I can do for your troubles but I don't recall even dealing with anyone in this situation. Please e-mail me your name and where the kit was sent though so I can figure out what happened. Thanks

Also, what turbo did you get from me?

And just to clarify, BigT had issues with a HPF Kit. Supra180 had issues with mine.

·
Registered
101 Posts
WOTM said:
And just to clarify, BigT had issues with a HPF Kit. Supra180 had issues with mine.
Thats correct, it was NOT a WOTM kit. Sorry for the thread jack guys.

Ryan you have a PM.

·
Banned
942 Posts
BigT said:
I wish it was only a few random things.

1. Hardware missing(no lock washers/lock nuts and couple bolts wrong length).

2. Oil feed plug for second line missing.

3. Header stud hit the header.

4. Wastegate dump had to be trimmed and welded.

5. Downpipe/midpipe fit perfect(assuming your floorboard is two inches higher than stock)

6. Midpipe was two inches short(HPF told customer it was his exhaust, so he bought a new exhaust from HPF, i guess HPF sold him a catback that was two inches shorter too, because i am sure it isnt the turbo kit :rolleyes: )

7. It was ordered for a stock computer car, yet it did not have provisions for factory o2 sensors.)

8. Intercooler pipe to the turbo did not fit.

The customer finally said just make it work, he got tired of dealing with calling them, said they made him feel like he didnt know what he was talking about.

Other than the above mentioned and the stuff i know i left out, it was a great kit.

I know its a new kit and I expected to run into something but the way the customer was treated and the endless problems makes this experience extremely poor.
Big T...

I'm not sure who you are but we did run into these exact issues on some of the kits we shipped out. I sincerely apologize. In our haste to meet the deadline I commited to, we did not have enough time to get proper instructions and verify everything in the kit was included and correct.

All of these issues you mentioned were indeed issues. They have all since been corrected in the new versions. I have compensated or corrected the parts for every customer that received our kit that had these issues. If you haven't spoken with me, please give me a call at (503) 256-5600 and I'll take care of you.

Again... my apologies..

Chris.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Chris I did not deal with you directly. Deadline? The only deadline should be when the product is properly finished, enough said. As far as compensation, I honestly dont know, that was between you and the customer. I do know there were not any replacement parts sent to him, I had to mod everything to get it to work.

·
Banned
942 Posts
BigT said:
Chris I did not deal with you directly. Deadline? The only deadline should be when the product is properly finished, enough said. As far as compensation, I honestly dont know, that was between you and the customer. I do know there were not any replacement parts sent to him, I had to mod everything to get it to work.
BigT... Customers should not have to modify or fabricate anything. The fact that they did shows that we were not ready to ship out this product and shouldn't have rushed it out the door.

Our product delivery date slipped because we went through several iterations with our pipe manufacturer before they got it right. We finally got everything one day before I said I would ship the parts which gave us no lead time for quality control.

This was not the way to roll these out and it has forced our customers to fabricate parts or send them back to us for replacement. I have spoken with most everybody that bought our first iteration of these kits. I'm assuming the car you worked on was Johnny's. I have spoken with him quite a bit and asked him to compile a list of his expenses and I would cut him a check for those as well as his inconvenience. He chose to get a 3.5" exhaust system which I sold to him for $150 below my cost and in addition I expedited it to him at my expense.

Quality control should not be done when the product gets to the customer. I have taken all the necessary steps to train my staff with all the various options that come with the kits. There are so many variations (which is where we got into trouble) that each one must be fully tested, understood and verified. The mid-pipe on the 3.5" cat-back was not double verified. The cat-back we used to build it was a standard cat-back but it may have been longer than it should have been.

We are now double verifying everything and I'm also now using a complete engine with head for our jig instead of the jigs we built. This way we can ensure that no customer will ever deal with these types of issues again.

For all HPF turbo kit customers. If you had issues and haven't spoken with me about them, please give me a call at (503) 256-5600 and we'll work out a credit for your inconvenience.

For all new HPF turbo kit customers, these issues have been resolved and the new kits come complete with a packing list and complete instructions.

Take care,
Chris.

·
4,109 Posts
Way for both companies to step up to the plate. This is what separates the sheep from the goats: How they handles problems that arise with their customers (and they will arise, because no one is perfect). I hope this gets resolved to everyone's satisfaction

·
Banned
942 Posts
Well, after posting all of that and speaking with the customer, I believe I now know what the problem was...

As we didn't send out instructions with our first kit, BigT probably didn't realize that the turbo has play in it to adjust it for optimal placement.

The issue stated above with our kit arose because the turbo was bolted to the turbo manifold prior to positioning the down-pipe/mid-pipe on it. This put the turbo in the wrong position and consequently required welding the mid-pipe and down-pipe to make them fit. Had the turbo been installed loosely as the instructions now state, the mid-pipe and down-pipe would have fit correctly.

I determined this because the customer stated their turbo is very close to the shock tower which is not where the turbo should be located.

Johnny.... please take a look at the turbo placement on your Supra. If this is indeed the issue, let me know and I'll build you a new mid-pipe and down-pipe for the ones that BigT welded.

Take care,
Chris.

·
Registered
504 Posts
talltrini10 said:
Way for both companies to step up to the plate. This is what separates the sheep from the goats: How they handles problems that arise with their customers (and they will arise, because no one is perfect). I hope this gets resolved to everyone's satisfaction
Well said. That's why 99% if the feedback from these guys is positive and the rare occasion that it isn't (like you said, nobody is perfect), it gets rectified right away. I have no reservations about my kit now whatsoever. Nice to have a company that stands behind their products like these guys do and don't run and hide when a problem inevitably arises.
In my few dealings with Chris he seems to be as stand up as they come. Very rare in his industry.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Is that so? I guess the angle at which it was bolted on caused the midpipe to be two inches short? BTW the turbo was the last thing that was tightened before the modifications were made. I tried that even without the instructions that were not sent. Since you seem intent on talking about this further, please explain that to us. I am curious.

First it was....we had problems and they have been resolved. Then you go back and claim that is was installation error?

Better yet.....send Johnny the parts. With him willing I will do a step by step install with pictures showing the difference. I will also do it with the old parts. Since I did not cut the downpipe, if what you say is correct, it will lower the midpipe away from the body even if it has been cut and we can see if it was truely a install error.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts