Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mods are in my signature.
I was wondering though, do you think i would get detonation at 14psi.
its stock turbo, stock fuel pump, stock injectors, stock afm. --91 octane-- at 3600ft.
i go up a hill and kinda boost it and i dont hear anywierd dinging, pinging besides the normal lifters/injectors/cams(they werent perfect with the clearances/ miced exactly pefect.) would you call that valve slap?

cuz i just turned the boost up to 14, yes for some odd reason it will go that high without fuel cut on mine :dunno:.

i know i really need a fuel pump and some people say not to run more than at least 13psi.

·
SF Zombie hunter
2,557 Posts
u dont need a aftermarket fuel pump yet. But it is a good idea to upgrade it when u r shootin for more hp. Also there r bunch of ppl made over 400hp with stock injectors so i wouldnt worry about that as well.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I ran 22psi with stock injectors & fuel pump, 60 trim CT-26 and an F-Con, stock AFM also with no problems whatsoever (HKS MHG also). I wouldnt recommend it but I was already looking ahead to my next engine....didnt give me any trouble tho

:)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Any other feedback? I'm wondering the same thing. The highest octane I've ever seen at a California pump is 91, and I had some symptoms of knock while pulling up a steep hill the other day. I have reason to believe that I was running too lean during that incident, but I'm still itching to know if 14PSI is safe on 91 octane...anyone?

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,222 Posts
unless your timing is out of wack or you are really lean due to some other problem you should be able to run 18 psi on 91 with out problem.

·
ODS
847 Posts
appleguy said:
Any other feedback? I'm wondering the same thing. The highest octane I've ever seen at a California pump is 91, and I had some symptoms of knock while pulling up a steep hill the other day. I have reason to believe that I was running too lean during that incident, but I'm still itching to know if 14PSI is safe on 91 octane...anyone?

Go to the 76 (gas station) website... There are gas stations that have 100...

SMo'

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
i remembered when i bbq'd a piston at 1bar on stock injectors... well, then again, i have a larger hairdryer. oh well, be careful, hope things dont break.

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
I think thats pretty stupid. Im ur AFR might be ok, but you are probably running thsoe 440s are close to 100% duty cycle, which is risky IMHO. On another note think about how hard your ct is working to generate 14 psi at 3600 feet! You are probably just pushing hot air at that point.

~scott

·
Registered
626 Posts
Awesome, great to know that 91 is good for now (14PSI; trying to save the stock CT26 from insane wear and diminishing returns). It could become an issue when I finally get a better turbo and intercooler, but that'll have to wait until after college anyway.

Thanks! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts