Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
raced my friend with same setup as me and he seem to have a little bit more usable power at higher gear. afterwards he told it its his light weight flyweheel.....is that true?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
yeah, a car with a lw fw will put down more hp but you're not really creating anymore hp, you're just reducing the losses in the drivetrain.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but would it wrack the tranny? I heard Sprung hub disc is not reliable and the spring sometimes pop off.
how much HP should I expect to be "freed" from drive train lose?

·
Crazy Member
281 Posts
If you are talking about the RPS clutch.... I have only heard only once the spring coming off the hub... The RPS stage III is a very highly recommended clutch by many local shops here and also by Dusty at MVP.

In turbo cars you will feel a very significant difference with a lw.fw. As soon as the boost kicks in, you feel the power at the wheels. It is nore a matter of responsiveness and not higher hp. Your dyno numbers will show higher hp due to less loss in the drivetrain as Zerosoul explained, but your engine HP remains the same, just the %loss factor changes.

Hope this helps. I will have the setup installed soon and will post feedback, but i have driven a supra TT with Clutchmasters lightened flywheel (same as Mueller) and the CM stage III clutch... Very wild setup, very reliable, very streetable...

Bartel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts