Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Slowly but Surely
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin, (by Saturday) will recieve a Lexus AFM, Fuel Cut Defensor, and an F-CON. He wants to know if these mods will be too much for the stock injectors (440s) to handle. I was thinking no but i need some opinions to back my idea up. Thanks

Neal.

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
This basically applies to the lex afm 440s sticky.

It will work, at 15psi on stock turbo. You need guages and a good tune. Every chance for success for any motor setup is reliant on the proper tuning.

Tune well and it works.

What turbo is he planning on running and at what psi? What are supporting mods? ... all of them.

Why would you need a lex afm AND FC defensor?<---- YOU DON'T!

·
VIVA LA M.A.S.H. Midwest
1,451 Posts
Neal. you're gonna get flammed.
Sorry dude, but the mods are gonna tell you to use the search button.
Lex AFM + 440's = use at YOUR OWN RISK.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,086 Posts
Better ad a new pump and lines for your AMOUNT of fuel he'll run.

But, I know from personal experience you can do this, but proper tuning is necessary.

Lean = badness

·
A Happy Dad
2,321 Posts
MK3Brent said:
Better ad a new pump and lines for your AMOUNT of fuel he'll run.

But, I know from personal experience you can do this, but proper tuning is necessary.

Lean = badness
agree 100%

Youth+Ignorance+FCD+Horsepower+Ambition-Supporting Mods+Lean=BOOM

If you must do it make sure intake/exhaust/ic hardpipes/fuel pump upgrade is done and control fuel w/ s-afc, I don't think you can get a fcon chip for lex/440, I did it for a long time no problems, but save your money for the 550's, the piece of mind and performance is nice.
(btw sell the FCD cause you'll never need it with lex/550 and supporting mods, + 550's are cheap these days)

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
:stupid:

adding all those things just completely messes up your fuel sys, etc. they contradict each other and will just end up in a fragged engine....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.