Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
DitchByTheSideOfTheRoad
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would going front Koni w/eibachs and back with KYB's be ok?

I think there is something wrong with my KYB's and eibachs that I bought used. I need to make sure that the bump stops are on ok, but I dont want to take back to the shop and have them pull everything apart and find out the bumpstops are fine and the shocks are bad. I decided if I was going to replace the front I might as well go ahead and get the Koni's, which seem to not have the problem with front left bottoming out/hitting the bumpstops. Does anyone see a problem with using KYB's in the back and Koni's in the front?

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
Re: Would going front Koni w/eibachs and back with KYB's be ok?

SdSupraTT said:
I think there is something wrong with my KYB's and eibachs that I bought used. I need to make sure that the bump stops are on ok, but I dont want to take back to the shop and have them pull everything apart and find out the bumpstops are fine and the shocks are bad. I decided if I was going to replace the front I might as well go ahead and get the Koni's, which seem to not have the problem with front left bottoming out/hitting the bumpstops. Does anyone see a problem with using KYB's in the back and Koni's in the front?
Theoretically you might be able to adjust the KYB's to match the Koni's but I think it would be hard because the they are valved totally different, and you can't adjust the rebound to match.

Doesn't sound like a good idea to mik and match.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts