Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
i'm a bauce
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving today, but the weather was 15 degress out...for like 20 min...it was like a madhouse faster than fuck..then i heard a fluttering noise(not metallic), and the car seems different....checked peak hold it made 23 psi

now with the boost controller on....it makes 15psi on the first turbo..and the second seems to come on late if at all...then shhots to like 20 psi

dosent stop at 18 anymore

if i turn the boost controller off....it works normally....11 psi 1st turbo....but then shoots to like 20psi.....wtf...

i've popped off an intercooler hose before....but the car stalled then..and i had to put it back on....

it seems i have no waste gate working...cause its giving me 15 psi on the first turbo alone....wtf

anyone heard of this before....i'm gonna go single just wanted to wait awhile....

should i go woth the DE kit....3200 complete with sp-63 turbo....

or try to figure this shit out

·
No Mercy
387 Posts
Well if you can get the DE kit at the drop of a hat, why not?! :D 550RWHP should solve whatever problems you're experiencing now. :)

But as far as your problem goes, it sounds like a VSV hose just popped off causing your #2 turbo not to prespool or something like that. There's a hose routing diagram on the underside of the hood (I know, it looks like a crazy mess) to follow...

·
i'm a bauce
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i

thanks mike...well check it out this wekend....

and now that you mention it...your diagnosis is exaclty what it is.,...theres no prespool...just none...or bang..all.....

me and 1 other guy have supras in my town...were installing swaybars on his this weekend...hes got a mastters degree in electrical engineering..so he a smart guy...i've also got a matsers..but not in an important subject..lol

we should be able to figure it out....

yeh..i can get the DE kit when ever i want...i could also get the SP kit...but i cant justify the 5500...when i can do almost as good for 3200 including the SP turbo...

also...1.5 years ago the SP kit was 4100 including everything..now its 5500..what up with that?

thanks for the help

·
i'm a bauce
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i

oih yeh forgot..this cold weather is prewty awesome....

my traction controll keeps kicking in in third gear while i'm going 65...it just wants to peel!!!

i have good rubber too...its just making monster power....

its hard to control when both turbos are blazing/.....they spool so fast i have to shift almost right away....

i';ll try to make a video of it...

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Check you boost controller hoses - I once had a very small hole in one line and would get big 'ol boost spikes, once a new hose was installed....perfect control.

Jay

·
i'm a bauce
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i

all i had to do to find the probelm was open my hood...lol

a hose going to my hks ss bov has separated at the filter..the little platic filetr had exploded..lol

2 $ fix..no biggie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts