Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would the stock 94 front end look ok with veilside sides and rear valences? I'm contemplating on doing this... I don't have the money for a new front yet...anyone have any pics of what it woudl like like? Let me know if good/bad..?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think cars with a front and no sides or rear has a better chance of looking good than a car with no front, but sides and rear.

·
Registered
160 Posts
i used to have that exact combo and it actually worked out really well. wish i had some older pic of my car to show u. also i painted the black part of the stock bumper to the same color of my car i guess thats what helped me get away with it.

·
Ex Mkiv TT Owner
137 Posts
it would look better with something like the blitz sides and rears or the stillen sides.

·
Chillen at the Holidae In
254 Posts
VELISIDE IS FOR FAGS!

X

·
0 Posts
The stock mkiv front end isnt the most aggresive one out there but it does have its appeal.

I have got blitz sides and veilside rear with stock front end and no rear spoiler. I kept it this way because i wanted good front end clearance and the stock front is low down the sides and peaked up the front.

Though I am thinking of getting a bomex front end :)

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
RScott said:
veilside sideskirts and rear valences would look gay no matter what front bumper you have
:iwdumbass

·
Registered
730 Posts
FYRARMS said:
:iwdumbass
okay cool so youre with me on this one.

He asked for an opinion and what i gave was simply that, an opinion. Im not going to respond to every thread with praise if what i truly think contradicts that. And im not going to hold back a comment because its not what they want to hear. Simply stated in regards to his post, many will agree that stock front with veilside sides looks ridiculous. The sides end up being so much lower than the front and the lines do not flow at all. Leaving the front lip unpainted only amplifies the effect making the nose look much too high from the side. This holds for any skirt/rear/stock front combination aside from stock. There was a car with only blitz sides up for sale not too long ago with a stock front and rear. It was hideous. But hey, to each his own right. So im entitled to my opinion just as much as the next guy. My opinion, as stated in other words, is that veilside sideskirts would not be my choice of a sideskirt. It appears that ALL-2JZ-PWR shares my opinion as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts