Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The SP 57 or 60 kit goes for $5400. Would it be possible to get a GReddy T78 kit with a proper fuel system for that price of $5400 also. All this considering you have evertything to run a single turbo: VPC, FMIC, and the other stuff required. Wouldn't this combination put more power out, but with a little more lag?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
As long as you buy and assemble the fuel sys yourself. You should be able to get the T78 for around 4K and have $1400 left over for fuel. I think I'm at about $1500 putting together my fuel sys.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Thats what I'm thinking about doing. Although the T78 is a little too laggy for me, maybe I'd try and match up another turbo (perhapes a SP turbo will bolt up?). Despite how much I like the PHR and SP kits, its impossible to justify the price difference.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
supra400hptt said:
As long as you buy and assemble the fuel sys yourself. You should be able to get the T78 for around 4K and have $1400 left over for fuel. I think I'm at about $1500 putting together my fuel sys.
What does your fuels system consist of? Twin pumps, 720cc injectors, FPR,???? I'm not lsure what I'm going to need. I'm hoping doing it this way, could be feasable and more powerful in the long run too.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I haven't starting putting this stuff in but I've bought most of it already. Two Walbro gss 341 pumps, -8 line, aeromotive filter, aeromotive fpr, hks rail, greddy 720s, -6 line back and all of the fittings. Mostly aeroquip. It's a little work but just map it out on paper first. Hardest part is getting the -8 to connect to the -6 on the hks rail. I ordered a -6 female to -8 male goodridge adapter from racesearch.com but it's going on a month and a half and still haven't gotten it. Really hard fitting to find. Could have also used a female to female 90 degree -6 fitting, then a -6 male to -8 male adapter with a straight female -8. I should have went that way but it adds one additional fitting. Last time I ever order from racesearch. That fitting was supposed to have been shipped on 31 Aug.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, would you mind keeping me updated on how everything goes. This kind of opens more doors in the single turbo area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts