Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi if anyone can help me out, it would be great!!! I have a s14 and just found out that it doesn't have lsd. I found one for $200 but its off an jdm s13 so My question is would it fit into my s14 ok or not? The guy thats going to put it in says it will fit but I fear that he might be getting over on me, if anyone knows please help, thank you!!!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
you'll need to replace it with the 5 bolt jdm axel. Or you can pull out the viscous unit and drop into your existing pumpkin. You'll have to use the s14 diff cover as well. OR you cna just change out the out put shafts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Lol, pretty sure it will fit huh? good luck with that one

You'll need the 6 bolt VLSD output shafts to work with the s14. Otherwise do as vvtisupra said. If you search hard enough, I remember someone grinding down the stock output shafts to fit the VLSD. http://forums.freshalloy.com
Remember to search, all the info is there.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
vlsd is good for beginner. learn the hard way so when yo uget the good stuff you'll know what to do. Nothing worse than sliding back wheel into a curb or mountain and pushing an axle right into the 2 way

·
Sometimes I see dead ppl
1,719 Posts
vvtisupra said:
you'll need to replace it with the 5 bolt jdm axel. Or you can pull out the viscous unit and drop into your existing pumpkin. You'll have to use the s14 diff cover as well. OR you cna just change out the out put shafts

exactly.

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Yes, and the N/A or TT rear diff from a z32 300zx works as well.

Did an SR impregnation an s14 and s13.... :)

-Jonathan

J

·
0 Posts
the vlsd is fine for budget/non-course drifting...i think it is better to budget your money over all rather than plop 500-800 in an aftermarket lsd...with that 300-600 you would be saving you could buy some rucas, tie rods, all kinds of crap :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts