Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I might have found something to replace the stock ECU. Not just the fuel management.

Here is a breif list of adjustable parameters of this system:

RPM - every 250
Manifold pressure - 64 locations
Water temperature - 32 locations
Start function - 33 adjustments
Acceleration - 3 adjustments
Closed loop - 5 adjustments
Boost limiting
Rev limiting
Ignition timing - every 250 (E,F)
MAP retard - 64 locations (E,F)
Knock control (optional on E,F)
RPM switch - every 250 (optional)
Fast idle temp cutoff - 32 locations (optional)

Check out the site.
http://www.sdsefi.com/specific.html

Would this system be worth considering?

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
Yes, that is a standalone engine management computer. Like the name implies, it is simple. If that is what you are after in aftermarket engine management, go for it!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Sounds good to me. I think I will research this more, since the company is local, and keep you guys posted on what drawbacks, if any, are there for this system.

edit: The haltek requires a laptop computer to program it, whereas the SDS unit comes with a small screen to program it as well as display engine information (injector duty, battery volts, etc) in real time.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Thats interesting... a product that works for the M series engines but they don't list the JZ on their website. HA!

Btw- I bet it is going to be a bit of a bear to program a standalone with that little screen/controller.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've read the programming supplement they have online and the system's just as as to program as the Apexi's Power FC (which isn't produced for the MKIII Supra, or atleast I couldn't find one)

Jazz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts