Supra Forums banner

Would you rather wake up tomorrow...

• Completely deaf

Votes: 52 76.5%
  • Paralyzed from the waist down (sexual organs still working)

Votes: 16 23.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
They giggle
1,935 Posts
I'm not stating a preference, as I'd rather be completely fine. But, IMHO, it would be preferable being paralyzed from the waist down than deaf. Think about it...you can still lead a somewhat normal life except that you give up free mobility, but you can still have sex with your girl and hear her moaning and the sound of her wet pussy. Try that if you're deaf. Everything will be silent. (no fucking shit, Sherlock :p) You wouldn't enjoy driving your car because you couldn't hear the engine and exhaust note. You couldn't enjoy music. If you go to the beach, it would be so empty seeing everything but not hearing the sounds of the waves, seagulls, wind, etc. You can still enjoy computer gaming, watching TV and just everything you enjoyed before that didn't require to be mobile if you're paralyzed. Being deaf, you'll be a prisoner of yourself. It would be a more life-changing experience losing your hearing. At least being paralyzed, you can still live a somewhat normal life and communicate with people.

·
can you not
2,089 Posts
Well... I would no longer be able to autocross or do anything physical (which would suck) but it would be hard for me to live without my hearing. Music is too important to me, for one thing.

I'd have to be paralyzed. I could still fly my RC planes, and I could be Joe Swanson at every costume party :D

Heck, they could lay me down in the woods and I could still be an Airsoft sniper if need be :lol:

I suppose it's because I don't use my legs enough as it is. I bet I'd miss them more than I can imagine if they were gone...

·
Registered
976 Posts
i'd have to be deaf. i use my legs way too much. work, soccer, hockey, all things you need legs for but can do without hearing. video games would suck, and never hearing music again would blow but i'd rather be able to freely walk anywhere. plus, i would imagine hearing is a lot less complicated than a spinal chord so a cure is plausible.

·
Extra medium
877 Posts
i'd have to be deaf. i use my legs way too much. work, soccer, hockey, all things you need legs for but can do without hearing. video games would suck, and never hearing music again would blow but i'd rather be able to freely walk anywhere. plus, i would imagine hearing is a lot less complicated than a spinal chord so a cure is plausible.
music / sound may be more important to you then you realize. ;)

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I'm not stating a preference, as I'd rather be completely fine. But, IMHO, it would be preferable being paralyzed from the waist down than deaf. Think about it...you can still lead a somewhat normal life except that you give up free mobility, but you can still have sex with your girl and hear her moaning and the sound of her wet pussy. Try that if you're deaf. Everything will be silent. (no fucking shit, Sherlock :p) You wouldn't enjoy driving your car because you couldn't hear the engine and exhaust note. You couldn't enjoy music. If you go to the beach, it would be so empty seeing everything but not hearing the sounds of the waves, seagulls, wind, etc. You can still enjoy computer gaming, watching TV and just everything you enjoyed before that didn't require to be mobile if you're paralyzed. Being deaf, you'll be a prisoner of yourself. It would be a more life-changing experience losing your hearing. At least being paralyzed, you can still live a somewhat normal life and communicate with people.
music / sound may be more important to you then you realize. ;)
These

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
Where is the "with a skin pocket" option?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Deaf- As my other sensory abilities would surpass all others to eagle and wolf status. And I can walk up stairs and kick dirt on people. No one can get mad since i'm deaf. I could get a handicap tag. Lip reading is way cooler. Sign language is universal. Being is hipper than vampires right now.

·
Scotch Scotch Scotch
3,485 Posts
Deaf. I know deaf people who can read lips, that and sign language is enough for me. Ill miss music, but at least I would still be able to do the physical activities I enjoy.

·
Registered
976 Posts
plus, if you're deaf you don't have to put up with anyone's shit. they can just yap and yap and you can live in your own little world. completely devoid of everyone else's bullshit.

·
In for teh nudez.
286 Posts
Werd, I could really give 2 shits about what people have to say. Half of the time when I'm talking to someone I'm zoning out or thinking about other stuff. All I hear is that sound Charlie Brown's teacher makes "wuhhhwaaahwuhuwhuh"

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
The only thing I'd really miss is music...but other then that, I'm pretty sure I could get by being deaf. I could still do everything I do now basically...but paralized would just be so inconvenient and mundane and annoying.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
if you get paralyzed make sure your spine injury is over t10. Anything below that and your penis won't work. T10 injury line is the belly button area of where skin sensativity dies off. So if they can feel lower than their belly button be nice to them because their penis no longer works.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts