Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Filmmaker
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW, as some of you know I got my car converted from n/a-tt not too long ago, first thing that happened when i got it back broke the water pump :( so it was down, then when it finally got back up and running again I thought it felt slow no one understood my logic, they are like its a TT its not slow you just expected too much. Well I was right it was slow, my wastegates werent operating right and I had mad boost leaks. Now some of you also know I lost to a 350z with bolt ons see link http://media.putfile.com/me-getting-owned. But now I never see nice cars when im driving in the supra, but today its like if the heavens knew they wanted to show me my car was fast. Happened to run into a C5 Z06 on the highway. Went from a 60 roll on three. I was at the top of 3rd and he got a jump on my because i was outa boost. but holy hell once that boost kicked it I was knocking at his passenger door. we were doing about 125 when we ran outta room. I was pulling HIM IN!!! Then we had to shut down and he got off before we could get another run in. Now im fucking pumped because I would of surely beatin him if we had more room. Going from that ^ vid to beating a zo6 is quite an accomplishment i would say. I have to give a shoutout to my boys at Acosta Motor sports in Elmwood park NJ they know how to do supras and do them right, full right up on them in the shop reviews section. So now i finally know what teh supra is all about whenever i punch it I have nothing but a smile on my face, and im waiting to rerun the 350z hahahahahaah. Peace

Matt

·
Filmmaker
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MaliCali said:
what is done to the car?

Complete JDM 2jzgte-converted to usdm. Intake, downpipe, bov, boost controller 12lbs, fmic, act clutch, hardpipes. the rest of the car too much to list

Matt

·
Boostin
1,280 Posts
DTSupra30 said:
Complete JDM 2jzgte-converted to usdm. Intake, downpipe, bov, boost controller 12lbs, fmic, act clutch, hardpipes. the rest of the car too much to list

Matt

12 lbs is stock boost IIRC. Increase it to 18psi! :bigthumb:

·
what comes out the butt?
4,469 Posts
Alex D said:
hard to believe you beat a Z06 running only 12lbs of boost.
exactly what i was going for.. youd need at least 18lbs to hang with let alone pull on a Z06..

it must have been one of the older 350hp Z's

·
Filmmaker
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MaliCali said:
exactly what i was going for.. youd need at least 18lbs to hang with let alone pull on a Z06..

it must have been one of the older 350hp Z's

bad driver? wrong gear? Idk man I was defintly pulling on him. How do I know how old it was?

Matt

·
Registered
258 Posts
The 405hp zo6 will have little silver badge's on the front fenders behind the front wheels.

Tripp

·
what comes out the butt?
4,469 Posts
rims and badges tell the difference pretty much..

you cant be a bad driver in an NA V8 from a 60 roll, :lol:...if he missed a gear youd have known..

·
Filmmaker
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
adversary said:
Didn't you race "Broly" Van le? Is so, REMATCH.

Yes i know i want a rematch vs him and that 350z haha, also it was a newer C5 zo6 405 hp i know the cars, i saw the badging and the brake/air vents near the rear wheel wells on the side skirts so, idk

Matt

·
?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
2,757 Posts
for real...turn that boost up. Im running around 15-16psi on my daily driver that is TT and TTC'd

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
Did you do the fuel?

If not, stick at 14-16psi (16 is even pushing it). The NA fuel system differs from the TT's.

You don't just slap a turbo on a car that was designed to be NA and then crank the boost up to 18-20psi.

·
Filmmaker
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Formula1Vendetta said:
Did you do the fuel?

If not, stick at 14-16psi (16 is even pushing it). The NA fuel system differs from the TT's.

You don't just slap a turbo on a car that was designed to be NA and then crank the boost up to 18-20psi.

No its a complete swap, onlything different is the 5 speed tranny. Rest is everything you find in a tt supra fuel pump 550ccs etc. So yea its crazy fun. I cant imagine a single haha

Matt

·
Hardtop >
1,139 Posts
Glad to hear you got your car working properly Matt!! Nice kill on that Z06! now you can fully enjoy the power of being BPU.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Matt, I can set up a rematch of you and the z whenever you want.

Also, my bad for not following up with my words. I been so damn busy and out of the loop for a while.

LMK, you have my number.

DTSupra30 said:
Yes i know i want a rematch vs him and that 350z haha, also it was a newer C5 zo6 405 hp i know the cars, i saw the badging and the brake/air vents near the rear wheel wells on the side skirts so, idk

Matt

1 - 20 of 30 Posts