·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Topic? Anyone know of one, or can make one? Thanks :D

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
sure.. jack up the rear of the car.. put some jackstands under it.. get under there.. unbolt the bottom bolt (i think its a 22) drain the fluid.. put it back in.. unbolt the side bolt located at the back, fill with fluid.. lower the car.. go do 5 360 doughnuts and then your go to go..

lol

·
*I see you*
668 Posts
Yup. It's just like changing your oil minus the filter. Remove drain plug> drain> install plug> remove filler plug> fill> install filler plug> BOOST. hahaha Only thing I'd comment on is that it's more fun to fill the diff back up than the motor oil.

·
El Pollo Diablo
857 Posts
According to this threads 'brother' on SM, it is a 24mm ya need.

Im excited for the donut step of the process, my shits been peglegged for a while now.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
and don't forget the LSD additive!!!

also, a pump helps...

·
Registered
934 Posts
Mines rusted to shit, I hope a breaker bar will work. What's this LSD additive I hear you guys speak of?

I was just gonna go to Toyota and ask for "Differential Oil for 1988 Toyota Supra"

·
Registered
149 Posts
yeah, remove the fill plug first. i did this becouse i was worried i might not be able to get it off with my tools at home. ended up at a garage and had to put heat to it. don't put to much there becouse it is alluminum.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Joel N said:
yeah, remove the fill plug first. i did this becouse i was worried i might not be able to get it off with my tools at home. ended up at a garage and had to put heat to it. don't put to much there becouse it is alluminum.

good to know, i thought it was steel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts