Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I was just cruising along minding my own buisness when I approach a redlight and I see two bikes behind me doin stunts. The lane I needed to get into opended up so I floored it to my exit and they proceeded to follow. I floored it up the on ramp and they were following quite a ways back. I get aways up the road and decide to shift lanes when I look back in the rear view I see one of the bikes coming up fast. Well as soon as he approaches my side we both hit it. I was expecting him to just pull like crazy on me but to my suprise I was staying ahead of him. He was right at my rear driver side door up until we let off which was around 130mph. We did this about 3 times each time giving one another the thumbs up. After about the third time I guess he reliezed that it wasnt just a coincedence that I was staying ahead of him he looks over at me amazed at how fast my car was. For the next couple of miles we just played cat and mouse until his friend (riding a Yamaha, not sure which model) finally caught up to us, that is when the fun began. The guy on the Suzuki starts to signal me that his friend is going to do some stunts and then signals me to fall behind so I fall back a little to let his friend in front of me and he signals me to pace myself behind his friend. Next thing I know his friends is on one wheel haulin arse!! It was nuts and the most fun I have had in my car in awhile. Wish I had a video cam with me to get it on tape. They were two very cool riders and definitely had been riding for awhile. The WRX made me very happy last night and makes all the money I have spent on mods worthwhile.

Here is a picture of a Suzuki like he was ridin:
GSX 600R


-Scooby
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
how much horsepower do you have?

i think i recollect you saying you had *approximately* 300 horses...what speed were you rolling on at? because that makes no sense man...i've KILLED cars with over 300 horsepower on my 03 R6 rolling on from speeds ranging from 30 to 100 mph. and when i say kill, i mean they fell back VERY quickly. i just find it strange that you pulled ahead, unless the guy just couldn't ride or your engine has some sick mods.

nice kill anyways though :) i've seen pics of your car and it is real nice, and the red is original! all you ever see is blue and silver, so red is a nice change.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldnt tell you how much horsepower I am pushing at this time. I havent put the car on the dyno since I first put my recent mods on and that was before I got the rest of the exhaust and I had a cracked plug in #3. I am trying to make time to get it back on the dyno so I will have some idea of the power I am making. Since then I have done ALOT of tuning myself with my Wideband and it definitely pulls harder than it ever has. Any mention of horsepower I have made in the past was just a guestimate at the time but I now have to believe I am making more than that considering some of the cars I have beat or kept up with.

All I can tell you is he tucked and I definitely heard him go WOT, and every time he looked over at me, he looked at my car with amazement. Trust me I thought he would hand me my ass but he didnt and he definitely was trying. The first run we started at around 70mph (4000rpms in 3rd gear for me) up to 130mph (max speed in 4th) and he stayed in the same spot next to me the whole way with neither of us gaining. The second run I started in 4th and it was the same results up to 130mph. I thought at first he was just messin with me but he was definitely trying cause on the last run he got a bit of a jump and I had to reel him in a bit and I only ended up by his side when I let off.

Thanks for the compliments on my car!! I have been more than happy with it lately and Sedona Red Pearl is the only way to go w/ the WRX if you want to stand out. :D

-Scooby :cool:
 

·
Pimp of Centralia
Joined
·
2,815 Posts
sorry to break it to you.. there are two types of riders..

Stunters.. and Knee Draggers..

lets just say Stunters are better riders going slow.. and Knee Draggers are better at going fast.. to the best of my knowlege.. yes my knowledge.. Most Stunters don't know dick about riding a motorcycle after 100 mph..

but a kill is a kill.. so good kill anyway :D
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
doug said:
oh wait.. you are in FL.. most of the FL riders on SBN suck at riding fast :D they are all squidly posers :D .. don't believe me.. check the FL forum on SBN
LoL :D
 

·
Sheep on the hood...
Joined
·
511 Posts
here we go again...
ScoobyWRX

quit posting shit without a vid...
I can race people that aren't trying too...
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
goldark said:
here we go again...
ScoobyWRX

quit posting shit without a vid...
I can race people that aren't trying too...
:rolleyes:
Dude why dont you get a life. Why are your lurking my threads? You obviously dont know shit. What motive do I have to lie about a race?? And yes he was most definitely racing. You are just a moron.
 

·
Sheep on the hood...
Joined
·
511 Posts
ScoobyWRX said:
:rolleyes:
Dude why dont you get a life. Why are your lurking my threads? You obviously dont know shit. What motive do I have to lie about a race?? And yes he was most definitely racing. You are just a moron.
YOU don't know shit if you think you can hang with a 600 with your WRX.
 

·
shortbus FTW
Joined
·
270 Posts
Heh, good kill buddy.. I just know on my R6 from a roll the only thing a car ever did was keep up/pass a bit up until I was fully tucked and I had dropped into the propper gear, then it was catch up pass and put lengths on them and get off the highway. gogo sc00by :D
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
goldark said:
YOU don't know shit if you think you can hang with a 600 with your WRX.

Well I tell it how it is and I have no reason to lie. Obviously you have lied about races since you seem to think that everyone who is fast just lies about their kills. You are pretty good at making yourself look like a complete idiot though. Why dont you get a life and stop trolling my threads.
 

·
Sheep on the hood...
Joined
·
511 Posts
ScoobyWRX said:
Well I tell it how it is and I have no reason to lie. Obviously you have lied about races since you seem to think that everyone who is fast just lies about their kills. You are pretty good at making yourself look like a complete idiot though. Why dont you get a life and stop trolling my threads.

:confused:

How am I an idiot???

Please explain to me how your WRX hung with a gixxer. Wait...no let me do it for you:

1. It never happened.
2. The guy didn't race you and was just fucking around.
3. This never happened.

I don't care what you "think" happened. This bike would blow right by you - here is why:

600 GSX-R
Curb Weight: 354.9 lbs.
Curb weight of the rider: ~200 lbs.

With a good rider they are in the 10s on the 1/4 mile



2002 WRX
Curb Weight: 3085 lbs.
Curb weight of the rider: ~200 lbs.

With a good driver they are in the 14s - BUT - your ride is not stock...so lets ASSUME that you are making your 450 hp - that still puts you in the mid 11s. But I'm not even going to go into the "off a roll thing"


So until you post a video, your 1/4 mile slip - I will not believe you.
It's like hearing a ricer rambling on. Instead of attacking me personally - provide some proof and make me eat my words.
 

·
Pimp of Centralia
Joined
·
2,815 Posts
man stop magazine racing..

my friend has a CBR 600 RR .. and when we are all doing highway runs we have to pull over and wait for him to come down the street.. and he is going 100 mph with his torso directly up in the Air.. no tucking .. no nothing..

just because you own a sport bike doesn't mean you know how to ride it..

i would say 85% of Sport Bike owners can't ride their bikes to their potential..

when i started learning how to ride i got beat by a stock Eclipse GT on the highway.. my cousin and i got our asses whopped by the Eclipse.. mainly it was mosly corners and we couldn't lean that good..

but bottom line is..

a Stock Eclipse GT whopped the shit out of an 03 Yamaha R6 and an 02 GSX-R 600..

are you going to call BS on that? are yo ugoing to say i am lying.. goldark.. you can't be so damn skeptive when it comes to bikes.. because most guys can't ride them..

ither they won't push it to the limit because they are scared of the power .. or they just don't know the power band..

with my gixxer 6 i have beaten zx-12's, 03 gixer 1k's and busa's.. but according to mags i am lying right? :rolleyes:

its not like driving an AMG .. you don't just stop the gas and go :rolleyes:

lay off the dood.. he said he won.. he won..
 

·
shortbus FTW
Joined
·
270 Posts
Yeah, I must agree w/Doug on this, if you are not tucked in nice and tight and you have body part's hanging out you create a lot of drag and resistance on your self, now if this guy was in a full on tuck, legs/feet were in and his elbows were against the tank and he was tucked up under his windscreen it probably would have been a whole diff story.. but im sure this guy like doug said was probably not in propper form + lacked testicles..
 

·
Pimp of Centralia
Joined
·
2,815 Posts
EricTheGreat said:
Yeah, I must agree w/Doug on this, if you are not tucked in nice and tight and you have body part's hanging out you create a lot of drag and resistance on your self, now if this guy was in a full on tuck, legs/feet were in and his elbows were against the tank and he was tucked up under his windscreen it probably would have been a whole diff story.. but im sure this guy like doug said was probably not in propper form + lacked testicles..
lol..

its kinda like the R1 and Viper post .. with the "good rider" the one in the shorts and t shirt with most of his helmet above the wind screen
 

·
Sheep on the hood...
Joined
·
511 Posts
doug said:
man stop magazine racing..

my friend has a CBR 600 RR .. and when we are all doing highway runs we have to pull over and wait for him to come down the street.. and he is going 100 mph with his torso directly up in the Air.. no tucking .. no nothing..

just because you own a sport bike doesn't mean you know how to ride it..

i would say 85% of Sport Bike owners can't ride their bikes to their potential..

when i started learning how to ride i got beat by a stock Eclipse GT on the highway.. my cousin and i got our asses whopped by the Eclipse.. mainly it was mosly corners and we couldn't lean that good..

but bottom line is..

a Stock Eclipse GT whopped the shit out of an 03 Yamaha R6 and an 02 GSX-R 600..

are you going to call BS on that? are yo ugoing to say i am lying.. goldark.. you can't be so damn skeptive when it comes to bikes.. because most guys can't ride them..

ither they won't push it to the limit because they are scared of the power .. or they just don't know the power band..

with my gixxer 6 i have beaten zx-12's, 03 gixer 1k's and busa's.. but according to mags i am lying right? :rolleyes:

its not like driving an AMG .. you don't just stop the gas and go :rolleyes:

lay off the dood.. he said he won.. he won..

well this isn't "magazine" racing
I've seen it happen at our local 1/4 strip but hey...like I said in my post.

The guy didn't know how to ride or he wasn't trying and was just fucking around. I have a bike license and granted that I only rode around on a 600 CBR and not the GSXR but I know that the Suzuki could hand me my ass...


my simple point is that most of his posts have too many holes in them for me to even give him the benefit of the doubt...
 
1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Top