Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that is in the market for a 1998 6 speed TT in any color.

Has to be in excellent condition
Clean title
All vins
Never been in a wreck/no body damage
And in California so he take a look at it in person.

He's selling his TT supra for a newer better condition one. He is serious and has cash ready for the right car.

He would post up if only his account was allowed to post.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
supradup said:
hmm what about a black 98 tt 6spd. it used to be an 98 na auto but now sports everything tt 6speed.
He wants a car that came from factory as a 6speed TT.

Thanks for the offer!

·
Fineline Performance
787 Posts
I have a white/blk 97 6 speed with HP front mount , HKS BOV, HKS intake,HKS EVC, HKS boost guade, HKS Carbon Fiber Ti, RMM Downpipe (not installed) HKS Hiper max coilovers, 8000k HIDs, WW front lip and Authentic TRD type S wing. Fresh new paint job (few rock chips and a foot long keying was the reasoning), Blitz Techno speeds 18x9 and 18x10s.CLEAN TITLE 96k miles all vins in place no accidents and ASKING 32K OBO

PM me if any questions......

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
^ sounds nice... but being that this guy didn't want to take a 98 NA to TT I doubt he'd want to take a 97 TT... he wants 98 TT 6spd along with half the planet.. don't you just love bandwagons? they're so much fun :fruit:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
i will be selling mine soon. it is a parking lot magnent so it probably doesn't qualify but here's a rundown.

i would sell it for $25k today as-is. once i fix the projects, i will ask for $30k. i have most of the receipts for the recent major upgrades/repairs.

CA smog is obviously a problem.

basic stats (1 of 16 or so):
- 98 Imperial Jade Mica (green)
- 6 speed
- original owner
- oil changed every 3k miles, always warmed up & cooled down properly

pics before coil-overs (2 yrs ago, much lower now):
http://static.flickr.com/43/88947052_c9b7edba7f_b.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/29/88947054_bd9f5cbb0b_b.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/34/88947050_ce61aaa243_b.jpg

current performance:
- 500rwhp @ 19psi
http://static.flickr.com/32/38256357_849d73d923_o.jpg

car:
- 175k miles (please read on)

engine:
- 35k miles
- rebuilt by "Sushi" (one of the best for working on our cars; ask around; can meet w/ him too; built Silvino's old car among others)
- nearly everything in the engine compartment was replaced at this time; over $10k in parts (have receipts for complete itemization)
- limit engineering gt61p turbo (61mm)
- boostlogic header
- hks type s intercooler
- complete head rebuild (with flow numbers i believe)
- ferrara +1mm valves
- hks standard series wastegate
- hks ss blow-off valve
- fluidyne aluminum radiator
- stock fuel system
- greddy profec b boost controller
- greddy sp exhaust (restrictive, but very quiet)

tuning:
- phr map ecu
- tuned 11.5 @ WOT applications (10-19psi)
- closed loop needs to be tuned on a dyno; generally runs between 12.0 - 16.0

drivetrain:
- south bend kevlar clutch
- fidanza lightened flywheel
- b&m short shifter
- wheels have curb rash; i think i'm the only person that likes stock wheels anyways
- goodyear gs1-d3 275/35 rear, 235/45 front - best tires available, ridiculous wet traction

suspension:
- 30k miles, everything was replaced @ 145k miles
- tein flex coilovers
- new control arms on all 4 corners (better than just upgrading the bushings b/c there's a small rubber piece that you can't replace)
- front & rear strut bars
- stainless steel brake lines

interior/electronics:
- seats in very good condition; will apply leatherique treatment before selling
- carpet pretty dirty; will clean before selling
- fields replica harness
- greddy boost cut controller
- obd2 fooler
- autometer egt gauge
- autometer boost gauage
- autometer oil temp gauge
- fjo wideband gauge
- greddy turbo timer
- eclipse cd player
- infiniti 5" & 6.5" speakers
- original subwoofer removed

body:
- car is a magnent for parking lot trouble. it has been backed into twice and someone once punctured the hatch.
- otherwise, stock body.
- new front inner fenders & various plastic trims

smog:
- the car passed smog w/ flying colors w/ the original turbos & exhaust 2 years ago. i will not put it back to stock - that's a complete nightmare; thus, my smog post.

misc things i will sell w/ the car:
- manuals (2 books)
- new car guide (pretty informative)
- original exhaust
- derek's methanol kit (plug it in, tune the map-ecu, and you should be good for 24-26psi and 600whp+)
- greddy catch can
- stock airbox
- set of rotors that have been re-surfaced
- 12 NGK 3330 spark plugs
- whatever other stock parts i happen to have

all that said, the car is not perfect. i was working on it my spare time (not much this year) but i'm driving it now b/c the porsche went down. here are the various things that should be fixed:

major:
- someone backed into the left rear quarterpanel. this needs to be fixed.
- full boost in the dyno above was 3800rpm; currently, it's about 4100rpm. need to track down the leak.
- the b&m shifter broke. i have a new one that can be installed.
- the closed loop tuning i mentioned above. car runs fine but it's not as smooth as one would like it to be.
- clean up the wiring. i am not an electrician :)
- the headlights are cloudy; they should be polished.
- the egt probe is not securely fastened.
- create mount for BOV.

things that bug me:
- fan shroud is wrecked. the tein flexes are kinda rough in the city, and the bolts fell out - ate up the shroud.
- match colors in engine bay - different colored hoses, strut bar, and air filter.
- the windshield has a small scratch (not a crack.)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Beside he like to stay in Cal to look the car. I wish him luck. 'cause I got my from Arizona and I live in Cal. Bay area.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
SupraTico said:
^ sounds nice... but being that this guy didn't want to take a 98 NA to TT I doubt he'd want to take a 97 TT... he wants 98 TT 6spd along with half the planet.. don't you just love bandwagons? they're so much fun :fruit:
He's pretty stuck on the 1998. He wants the newest possible since he's upgrading for a '94 with 154k. Originally wanted a RSP 6spd tt, but everyone he has talked to are asking anywhere from 45-55k and that's just for the higher milage ones.

PMs sent~

·
Registered
155 Posts
Get what you pay for.

Chuck so you decided to sell your tt. BTW, this is Dave 97 green T78,we went for a drive couple yrs ago along the coast with Sushi and friends. Still in the high tech field?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
hey dave, yes, the porsche is eating up all my money ;)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Chuck,

Yes, I used to own a older Porsche 911 and I know what you mean. That's why I don't have em no more. Supra is still a better and cheaper to owned.
Good to hear from you. We need to set a drive again sometime soon.

Dave

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
supradup said:
A) needs more money
You don't need to be an ass about it, and I did ask if don't have a car don't bother leaving a post. For what they are asking for the car he though it was too much. Why pay that much money when it has over 160k? Money isn't an issue, but getting ripped off is. You don't know the the story so F off. <3

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
supra_onna95 said:
You don't need to be an ass about it, and I did ask if don't have a car don't bother leaving a post. For what they are asking for the car he though it was too much. Why pay that much money when it has over 160k? Money isn't an issue, but getting ripped off is. You don't know the the story so F off. <3
:urowned:

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I dont believe they actually sold 98's in california, your best bet is to look nationwide. 98's can be brought in but finding one will be difficult.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
supra_onna95 said:
Ouch.

God damn you cocky supra owners.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts