Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
HIDEYOURGIRLFRIEND
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I sold my Mk3 supra, And now Im buying it back. And now Im going 1jz ;) . im trying to find some good places to buy good quality clips. the company JARCO is 30 min or so from me, and from what I hear, they only sell good stuff. But I know there are still better companies out there.

What Im looking for:
1. Has to be a 5spd.
2. Motor has to have less than 50,000km or so on it
3. has to be from a supra

THanks guys for all your help

-Taylor

·
Registered
199 Posts
bought my clip from Jarco, it is/was good. Why not use those guys, since they are in your backyard. Good luck on the less than 50km for a car that is a minimum of 13 years old.

·
HIDEYOURGIRLFRIEND
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I mean less than 50k miles. Sorry about that.

I know jarco is 3k. I was wondering if there are any cheaper or whatnot

thanks

-Taylor

·
Registered
88 Posts
hey man i bought my clip like last month from nadauto which is in norcross, ga...i got mine for 2500 with tax and thats because i drove down to pick it up...hope this helps your search

·
Shaq who?
841 Posts
does it have to be a clip? I bought just an engine/tranny combo on Ebay from StarJDM in Utah. $1850 Shipped to my work

·
CT12 Destroyer
2,993 Posts
sicksupra1 said:
the company JARCO is 30 min or so from me, and from what I hear, they only sell good stuff. But I know there are still better companies out there.

That's where you're wrong, Jarco is hands down the best to deal with. Comes with the rear subframe, fuel pump and other tidbits. Why would you go looking for another shop when one of the best, if not THE best is right near you.

Only other shop I'd recommend to get a LOW mileage , excellent condition clip is Japan Direct, but I'm not sure if they are even selling clips anymore. A long time ago when I got my first clip in...02 ? I think. I got a 13K mile clip from them. Was clean enough to eat off of, modded ecu, suspected modded internals, turbo timer, all of the goodies. I paid plenty for it, the sweet tune of $3500 was well worth it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
yeah jarco is one of the best to get a clip from...but i just got mine from nad because it comes with body panels and the clip had 39k kilo

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Paid about $2,200 shipped for a Motor set from Jhot.
All seems good so far, front turbo has a lil play though, I'll know tomorrow for sure when I start it up.

M

·
0 Posts
They guys at JARCO are really good but a little pricey. You can also try the following places... (btw, I order engines from these folks alllllll the time and never have a problem)

Japanese Engine of Atlanta www.engineline.com (This is NOT Best Japanese Engien)
Nad Auto www.nadauto.com
aaannnddddd
Venus Auto www.venus-auto.com

The first two are located in GA which is where I am and why I order from them. Venus is out in Cali...but very prompt on shipping and fairly decent priced. Also if anything is broken/not working they will send you a working part to replace it.

I personally know the folks that work at Japanese Engine. Managed to swing one of my friends a job there :p

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
I have a guy that is in japan he drives the car before it gets cut up....Im pretty sure you can get everything ie..rear end,clip, pump,DS ect.....

They are low milage cars, i cant say how much exactly but i can find out the exact kilo. when i talk to him..

He has a clip ect. comming on the next shipment into wash. state soon...

The 1JZ in my car i got from him 2+yrs ago and it runs perfectly..

Its $2900.00 W/O shipping..
5 speed JZA70

Josh Axel
A.D.D Motorsports
[email protected]

·
Supra hail dent king :(
1,155 Posts
Michiahn_FLM said:
They guys at JARCO are really good but a little pricey.

Jarco may be pricey but they've always backed themselves up with good stuff. We have ordered a couple of clips from them. and if something was ever wrong or not there. they'd ship us the piece for free and give some credit on our account. Mike is the guy i've dealt with through everything. He's a good guy and know's how to satisfy his customers. :bigthumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts