Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
934 Posts
saktajian... pm him he has a 2jzgte for sale but i dont think it has a trans. and to be honest those transmissions do not go for cheap. a 6 speed transmission new for instance i believe is around $5k. but the bright side is that it can take a shit load of power unlike the the w58 and the r154 which i hear start to crack around 500whp.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for advertising me nareg youre my boyyy lol.... yeah dude pm if you want it, it comes with wiring harnesses nd ecu and all
Well see, I'm getting the car this summer, but I might buy the engine first since that's more of a rarity than the car itself.
I don't plan on putting this into a supra, I don't have the money for that lol.
(idk the forums that well so I might get flamed or something)

btw, what kinda of transmission would it need? Maybe the name it goes by?
I don't wanna mess anything up too bad ya know?

· Engmaineer
2,974 Posts
Well see, I'm getting the car this summer, but I might buy the engine first since that's more of a rarity than the car itself.
I don't plan on putting this into a supra, I don't have the money for that lol.
(idk the forums that well so I might get flamed or something)

btw, what kinda of transmission would it need? Maybe the name it goes by?
I don't wanna mess anything up too bad ya know?
V160 or V161 for the 6 speed that holds 1500 whp.

If you are building a drag car get an adapter plate and run a th400 , much cheaper.

If you want cheaper 5 speed, and care less about high hp handling go r154.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
V160 or V161 for the 6 speed that holds 1500 whp.

If you are building a drag car get an adapter plate and run a th400 , much cheaper.

If you want cheaper 5 speed, and care less about high hp handling go r154.
well I'm not planning on takin this to the 1/4 mile that much
it's more of a street car, just something to show off on Fridays and Saturdays.
my plans don't exceed 1k hp, probably the highest I'll go is 700-800.

· Registered
934 Posts
believe me ur much better off with the 6speed. Maybe that r154 will hold up for a lil bit then u will spend more replacing those rather than getting a 6speed. The bad thing about these cars from my experience is that I always want more than I already have and I have never met a supra owner that is happy with the way their car performs other than the people who already went all out and are making too much for the street. So what I'm saying is just start with the legit shit that won't give u headaches down the road. Just my $.02

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.