Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to polish up my standard throttle body however they are ugly, hard to polish into all the little corners and the traction control has to go! Im trying to find a throttle body that i can use with a stock intake.

I dont need an aftermarket intake for the power im chasing plus I already have a spare intake thats been polished :) im trying to find out what throttle bodys are out there that will bolt up to the standard intake or where to get them and if anyone else is using a setup like this. I would prefer something that either bolts straight up or uses an adapator plate rather than having to weld the throttle body on.

The TPS is also another consideration. is it possible to get a TB that has a provision for the standard TPS or do I need to wire in a new TPS.

cheers

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
Think the 1JZ throttle body should bolt up and doesn't have the t/c mess on it. Anything else I can think of is going to be a weld on a flange affair....

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Please! You do not need to make 8 threads, all saying the same thing, in 8 different sections. Post once, delete others...your question will be answered in the order it was recieved!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Think the 1JZ throttle body should bolt up and doesn't have the t/c mess on it. Anything else I can think of is going to be a weld on a flange affair....
I'll keep that in mind as a last resort. was hoping to find an aftermarket item for a bit of bling factor aswell as the simplicity. I could settle for welding on an adaptor plate, I just want to avoid welding the throttle body straight on. I just need to find an aftermarket TB thats fairly close in size to the stock intake. I only need it to suit a 3" pipe from the intercooler.

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
Australia?

Look into Holden cars. You should have throttle body adapters for those cars as they are abundant in your side of the world. Might look into Ford also.

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
I'll keep that in mind as a last resort. was hoping to find an aftermarket item for a bit of bling factor aswell as the simplicity. I could settle for welding on an adaptor plate, I just want to avoid welding the throttle body straight on. I just need to find an aftermarket TB thats fairly close in size to the stock intake. I only need it to suit a 3" pipe from the intercooler.
I sure hope you don't weld the throttle body straight on the intake, lol. The throttle body from the Infiniti Q45 is a popular upgrade over here if you don't mind welding on a new flange. Not sure if there is an equivelant in your neck of the woods. OEM throttle bodies are much better quality than any of the aftermarket ones I have seen.

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
i wouldnt do that since the 1jz TB is smaller than the 2jz.

i would just stick with the stock one, its far better than any aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
Holden Commodore SS or SS V. Both have the 6.0 L V8 and as such have a pretty significant sized TB.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I sure hope you don't weld the throttle body straight on the intake, lol. The throttle body from the Infiniti Q45 is a popular upgrade over here if you don't mind welding on a new flange. Not sure if there is an equivelant in your neck of the woods. OEM throttle bodies are much better quality than any of the aftermarket ones I have seen.
what size is the inlet on the Q45 throttle body? does the standard 2J TPS connect up to it? appart from welding on a new flange is there any other modifications that need to be made ie shorter/longer throttle cable?

cheers

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
what size is the inlet on the Q45 throttle body? does the standard 2J TPS connect up to it? appart from welding on a new flange is there any other modifications that need to be made ie shorter/longer throttle cable?

cheers
The Q45 TB is 90mm. The standard 2JZ TPS doesnt connect directly up to it, you need an adapter, or its pretty simple to fab one up. Yeah, need to modify the cable as well. Nothing too difficult. Look up Q45, a guy did a write up, from what I remember.

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
Holden Commodore SS or SS V. Both have the 6.0 L V8 and as such have a pretty significant sized TB.
Most of the GM stuff is DBW.

Adapting a Q45 TB is pretty easy. A TPS adapter, an extension to or longer throttle cable and a place to mount said cable.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks guys ill do a search and see what i can find

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
Most of the GM stuff is DBW.

Adapting a Q45 TB is pretty easy. A TPS adapter, an extension to or longer throttle cable and a place to mount said cable.
I know! LS2 DBW here :D

<-- Loves abundance of american GM cars here! Keep on forgetting that most people hate DBW.

·
Just a guy who loves cars
94' Turbo, Targa, 6 spd, Ren Red.
450 Posts
Q45. love the engine bay color, dont see that very often!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts