Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well My antenna finally kicked out. The mass doesn't go down but I hear the motor running. Does that mean I need a new mass or motor?? Anyone have one for sale??? Thanks

Patrick.....

Stuck that's all I can say...:mad:

·
Registered
639 Posts
Power Antenna woes....

My antenna did the same thing not too long ago.. I figured if it was time for the mast to go, then the motor would probably be shortly behind so I just ordered all new assembly for around $130 from Jay Marks Toyota (Jeff W.) and back in business!!! A little quieter now as well.....

·
road hazard
452 Posts
Re: Power Antenna woes....

Roadie8105 said:
My antenna did the same thing not too long ago.. I figured if it was time for the mast to go, then the motor would probably be shortly behind so I just ordered all new assembly for around $130 from Jay Marks Toyota (Jeff W.) and back in business!!! A little quieter now as well.....
damn good price at $130 for the entire assembly. before i attempted to fix my antenna mast, i asked my local toyota dealer how much for the entire antenna assembly. parts guy quoted me $230 special order because its for a mkiv and they don't keep them in stock. then i just asked for an antenna mast and he said they had one left when he brought it to me. $45 isn't too bad but $230 for the entire assembly? its ridiculous! anyways, my antenna motor is 8-9 years old and still works like a charm.:)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
toysupra1 said:
sounds like your mast broke. happened to me awhile back. you can pick up a new antenna mast at your local toyota dealer for ~$45.

Okay I think I just do that since it's easier to change than the entire unit. ;)

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I personally dont care for the power antenna too much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts