Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Former MKIV owner looking to get back into another APU 6spd. MKIV.
I absolutely do not want anything that has had or has a roll cage or fuel cell.
My budget is COMPLETELY dependent on the quality of the car.

The ideal car would be white or black, less than 80k miles, an original 6spd, all matching vins, black interior, good condition factory paint, modern turbo kit with a quality tubular turbo manifold, flex fuel capable ecu, E85 fuel system, and some quality 18 or 19" wheels
Dash and interior panel condition is very important.

Red is my least desired color but is not a deal breaker. I am open to any color.
Tan interior is not a deal breaker.
A quality respray is not a deal breaker if the car was painted the factory paint code.
Faded paint is not a deal breaker if all vins are present.
A missing vin or two is not a deal breaker but both front and rear crash beams, and quarter panel vins must be present.
An old school turbo/fuel setup is not a deal breaker if it is a quality build.
Slightly higher miles is not a deal breaker.
An auto to 6spd swap is acceptable if it is done correctly. By which I mean 6spd. tach, belt tensioner, USDM 6 spd. rear, and documentation on the swap.
I can be even more flexible on things such as n/a to TT swaps, title condition, etc. but it must be what I consider "a deal."

PM me if you know or have a car you think would interest me.
Or text me at (713)992-5045

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ttt

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump....

·
Super Moderator
10,498 Posts
Pasadena,

I think I may have come across your dream APU car. No stories and an OG Supra owner. If you like, I can PM you the details.

Ken.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Come on with it Ken!

·
Super Moderator
10,498 Posts
PM sent.

Ken.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Search continues....

·
Registered
392 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The owner decided to not sell the car afterall.

Still looking.
$55k budget for the right car, not any car.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Super Moderator
10,498 Posts
Sergio,

This car probably exceeds your budget, but Conte just made this post in the RSP Registry thread:

I'm not going to clutter this thread with an actual listing but wanted to mention it to fellow RSP lovers first, I will be listing my car for sale in the next month or so, if anyone would like information let me know. [email protected]

Ken.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I think it exceeds my listed budget as well, but I have sent Mark a PM.

Edit: just saw that it is an auto to 6spd. swap and has almost 150k mi. so it may not, but I'm not sure how high I'm willing to go on a car like that.

Thanks again Ken

·
Registered
786 Posts
You may want to contact Will Dugas "junkie414" on here about his black on black 6 speed car he's getting ready to sell. I think it checks all of your boxes including mileage and budget. The only thing missing is that he converted it back to stock twins, but given the condition of the rest of the car it would allow you to put your personal touches on it. Plus he's also located in TX, should make the logistics easy enough.

·
Super Moderator
10,498 Posts
I think it exceeds my listed budget as well, but I have sent Mark a PM.

Edit: just saw that it is an auto to 6spd. swap and has almost 150k mi. so it may not, but I'm not sure how high I'm willing to go on a car like that.

Thanks again Ken
Yeah, I knew it was high mileage and a 6MT conversion but, IIRC, everything on that car is brand new (there should be a build thread, or build-type posts, in here somewhere). Maybe worth taking a closer look, as I am almost certain condition trumps mileage in this instance.

Ken.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
You may want to contact Will Dugas "junkie414" on here about his black on black 6 speed car he's getting ready to sell. I think it checks all of your boxes including mileage and budget. The only thing missing is that he converted it back to stock twins, but given the condition of the rest of the car it would allow you to put your personal touches on it. Plus he's also located in TX, should make the logistics easy enough.
The car ia very nice but, I am not looking to pay a premium for an +80k mi, highly modded car that is put back to stock. I saw a post he made on FB saying he would make the car BPU and price it in the mid $50k's.

Ken, I just sent Mark an e-mail as well. The car does have all the right mods.

EDIT: STILL LOOKING

·
Super Moderator
10,498 Posts
Closing thread, per OP's request.

Ken.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.