Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Boost Junkie
12,613 Posts
I hate to say it, but a 17 inch front wheel doesn't look real good on a Supra.

Steve K.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I hate to say it, but a 17 inch front wheel doesn't look real good on a Supra.

Steve K.
They sold in one day for asking price. Thanks?

·
Boost Junkie
12,613 Posts
Not sure what you are getting at. I used to have Classics as well and the 17s looks like shiat up front. I sent Pix to John at CCW and he agreed so much that he swapped them to 18s at no cost to me, even took the 17 inch tires for me as he said another customer would use them. After that he said he wouldn't sell the 17s up front anymore for both the Classics and LM series wheels. The big tall front tire just doesn't look as pleasing as an 18 with a lower profile tire.

I'm glad you sold your wheels though.

Steve K.

·
Registered
597 Posts
The OP is free to give his opinion as the wheels were offered to him and it is his thread.

Where, I am getting at is that your comment was almost as bad as going into someones FS thread and doing some bashing. I feel the Volks you currently have on your car are the least attractive wheels you have had but, I am not going to go in your thread and tell you that(love the car by the way). Yet, I know some people love those wheels.

I am not saying I don't agree with you on the 17" front wheel though, I now have 19" wheels. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I had three guys in line ready to buy the 17" Classics.

Look at how fast these other 17" Classics sold earlier this year:
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?996513-17-quot-CCW-classics-for-sale&highlight=ccw

Your "I hate to say it, but" is like Ricky Bobby saying "with all due respect, but."
Sorry for the clutter OP.

·
Boost Junkie
12,613 Posts
The OP is free to give his opinion as the wheels were offered to him and it is his thread.

Where, I am getting at is that your comment was almost as bad as going into someones FS thread and doing some bashing. I feel the Volks you currently have on your car are the least attractive wheels you have had but, I am not going to go in your thread and tell you that(love the car by the way). Yet, I know some people love those wheels.

I am not saying I don't agree with you on the 17" front wheel though, I now have 19" wheels. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I had three guys in line ready to buy the 17" Classics.

Look at how fast these other 17" Classics sold earlier this year:
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?996513-17-quot-CCW-classics-for-sale&highlight=ccw

Your "I hate to say it, but" is like Ricky Bobby saying "with all due respect, but."
Sorry for the clutter OP.
He asked for 18X10 and 17X11.5 so why bother offering your 17 inch front wheels? That's not what he asked for. You offered them up so I offered up my opinion so he wouldn't regret going with 17s like I did. He probably already knew the 17s up front don't look as good as 18s. I didn't come into your for sale thread and state that the 17s don't look good on the front of the Supra so I don't know why you are taking it like I did.

I agree with you on the TE 37s. I have sold them to another local Supra owner and they look outstanding on his car. Mine is currently back sitting on the 18 inch C14s. Thanks for the kind words on my car. I surely didn't mean to offend you with my opinion of 17 inch front wheels on a Supra.

Sorry to the OP, just trying to help you out.

Steve K.

Steve K.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I offered the wheels(posted a link) because the OP is looking for staggered CCW Classics which the wheels were. Yes, he says he would prefer an 18" front, not that it is mandatory.
The OP also states he would accept a CCW Classic drag pack which my wheels weren't but some might say they have one foot in the door towards being it if you run a tall 17" tire.

Somebody is looking for 17" fronts:
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?981762-WTB-CCW-Classic-Front-Wheels&highlight=

We will just have to agree to disagree. The C14's look very nice.

·
Boost Junkie
12,613 Posts
I offered the wheels(posted a link) because the OP is looking for staggered CCW Classics which the wheels were. Yes, he says he would prefer an 18" front, not that it is mandatory.
The OP also states he would accept a CCW Classic drag pack which my wheels weren't but some might say they have one foot in the door towards being it if you run a tall 17" tire.

Somebody is looking for 17" fronts:
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?981762-WTB-CCW-Classic-Front-Wheels&highlight=

We will just have to agree to disagree. The C14's look very nice.
Yes, I am sorry man. I didn't even realize it when I said it, but going back, I could see it was a mistake. My bad.

Steve K.

·
w00t
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My last Supra had a staggered set and I really loved the way they looked and functioned. After trying to find other options it is really just mind easing to go with what works for myself. :) CCW does offer a lot of other options and you could theoretically do this to any wheel, I'm just a classics fan!

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a set of classics .... 18x10 up front and 18x13 in the rear - 285s up front 335 in the rears, really aggressive, Polished 2step lip and Gloss Black Faces has less than 1000miles on the set.

·
Registered
28 Posts
CCW Race Classics 18x10 front brand new Continetial tires and 17x11.5 with M&H drag radial 325/40/17 also new. Also polished lip, black faces, supra fitment with spacers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts