Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says I am interested in a MKIV in the 30-35k range. I don't care to much about mileage, I would like the color to be white or black if possible (*Will still consider all colors though), I would like it to not be a swap and still be the original twins, Also I do want it to be the stock 6 speed transmission. I don't mind bpu's just would like the motor to be mostly stock. If you know of any around, that aren't on here (cause I've already looked at those ones lol), please let me know. I have no problem traveling if the price and car is right.

Thank you for your guys time.

·
Actual member since 2001.
2,592 Posts
A 35k original 6 speed in todays market is going to be in rough shape.
What do you mean? Whats a 6 spd, OEM turbo, good shape going for today? I ask because I have a 1997 TT 6 spd, 187k miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dirtysupra, I know what I am asking is like a unicorn. I am just wanting to see what (If anything) is out there for sale. If there isn't anything then I will wait even longer. But I do appreciate the help with letting me know the condition of the car would be. Now I know if I am getting some rougher looking Supras I know that is what I should be getting offered. Thank you!

Hgonzalez, Are you looking to sell?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Dirtysupra, I know what I am asking is like a unicorn. I am just wanting to see what (If anything) is out there for sale. If there isn't anything then I will wait even longer. But I do appreciate the help with letting me know the condition of the car would be. Now I know if I am getting some rougher looking Supras I know that is what I should be getting offered. Thank you!
Let me just say, I hope you get a supra. You have a good attitude and there's never too much of that going around. The fact that you are open to condition and mileage will really open up the search for you. These cars take miles very well. Reading your description, the 6 speed cars that have stock twins and are mostly stock tend to be in the higher spectrum of the market but that doesn't mean the car you are after won't pop up. Keep a vigilant eye on your sources and be ready to move on the car quickly.

What do you mean? Whats a 6 spd, OEM turbo, good shape going for today? I ask because I have a 1997 TT 6 spd, 187k miles.
I just meant that the prices have inflated some. The market is really all over the place as far as pricing and the details of the specific vehicle will determine what it will bring but I'll just say I don't think you will have a hard time selling it :).

·
Registered
189 Posts
look at my ad for a car in your price range. you just need to do a 6 speed swap but the parts are hard to find - maybe you can use something else since a lot of stuff is discontinued and dont want to be looking for parts. also not stock twins but now you can have tons of fun in it.

·
Registered
454 Posts
look at my ad for a car in your price range. you just need to do a 6 speed swap but the parts are hard to find - maybe you can use something else since a lot of stuff is discontinued and dont want to be looking for parts. also not stock twins but now you can have tons of fun in it.
So not really anything the OP is looking for?

A V160 swap is gonna run over $10k...

·
Registered
454 Posts
If you are open to salvage title then I don't think you will have an issue finding this car in your price range

·
Registered
189 Posts
So not really anything the OP is looking for?

A V160 swap is gonna run over $10k...
lots of ppl are swapping to auto due to discontinued parts or swapping in other types of manuals so there are more affordable options out there. finding parts is becoming a pain for this platform sadly.

but to answer your reply directly - do you think he can find a a decent 6 speed supra in that range? sorry, not really what he can find , hence also not what he is looking for. and your suggestion of a salvage title car is a no go because they would be way cheaper than the range presented.

·
Registered
454 Posts
lots of ppl are swapping to auto due to discontinued parts or swapping in other types of manuals so there are more affordable options out there. finding parts is becoming a pain for this platform sadly.

but to answer your reply directly - do you think he can find a a decent 6 speed supra in that range? sorry, not really what he can find , hence also not what he is looking for. and your suggestion of a salvage title car is a no go because they would be way cheaper than the range presented.
30-35k is his BUDGET... if he can get a salvaged TT six speed for less, then that's even better.... left over cash for repairs or mods...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dirtysura: Thank you for your support. I have been looking for the last year trying to find one that I like but my search has obviously fallen short. But I will definitely be in a supra, hopefully that day is sooner rather then later.
Enjetek: I appreciate your offer, but I would like something that I don't necessarily have to put a ton of work into to make it what I am envisioning. I know that what I am looking for may not come up anytime soon or even exactly what I would like, but I would like it to at least be close to it. Again, I do appreciate your offer. :)
Demon2318: I would be open to the salvage title route, it would all just be contingent on the price and what the salvage was from. And I know I could do the swap and make it how I would like... I know that is being picky, but why not be picky on a car of this stature and of a dream car. Right? Lol. I am just hoping that it comes by one of these days.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for your support. I have been looking for the last year trying to find one that I like but my search has obviously fallen short. But I will definitely be in a supra, hopefully that day is sooner rather then later.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for your support. I have been looking for the last year trying to find one that I like but my search has obviously fallen short. But I will definitely be in a supra, hopefully that day is sooner rather then later.
This was an accident. Don't both this one. I was trying to do a reply with quotes and did a copy paste issue. Lol *head down shamelessly

·
Super Moderator
10,498 Posts
ijcoop7,

You have already received good advice in this thread. In addition, I recommend you familiarize yourself with this thread: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sh...5-1998-Toyota-Supra-Discontinued-Parts-Thread. It will help immensely in properly evaluating a car you may be interested in purchasing. The actual condition of OEM parts on a vehicle is critical, since many are NLA and can be very costly to purchase from private sellers that have what you might need. Best of luck with your search.

Ken.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ijcoop7,

You have already received good advice in this thread. In addition, I recommend you familiarize yourself with this thread: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sh...5-1998-Toyota-Supra-Discontinued-Parts-Thread. It will help immensely in properly evaluating a car you may be interested in purchasing. The actual condition of OEM parts on a vehicle is critical, since many are NLA and can be very costly to purchase from private sellers that have what you might need. Best of luck with your search.

Ken.
Thank you Ken! I am a newb to this but what is "NLA"? And I have been reading up and everyone is saying that OEM parts are getting harder and harder to find... Why is this?

·
Registered
252 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
To get an idea of the cost of available replace parts (yet to be discontinued) you can check this thread. http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?994753-Commonly-Requested-Part-Numbers

If you have not already done so you should familiarize yourself with vin tags and their locations and do as much homework as possible on what to look for on supras.
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?534505-VIN-Tag-checklist-with-pics
Yeah, I have been seeing people making a note of that when selling there cars. Noting that all VINs are in tact and all original. Is that just another way of telling the future purchaser that it is a clean title?

·
Registered
252 Posts
vin tags indicate that the part or panel is original to the vehicle. A missing vin tag is an indication that the panel has been replaced.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts