Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Buy Wholesale
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys - im looking to buy one of these - msg me if you have one!!!

just a few questions - how loud/quiet are these???

do you get pulled over a lot w/ this exhaust???

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Hey Taris,

Did you get another Supra already?

To answer your questions, I've never owned the exhaust but I've been told that it is a medium noise. It's not overly loud, but it's not that quiet either. Considering I never got pulled over with my Apexi GT-Spec (one of the louder exhausts on the market) I don't think you'll have that much to worry about.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have one if you want to try it out before you buy it. I'm holding onto it until I get a Supra (next year), but I'd be happy to let you bolt it on to give it a whirl for a couple months in exchange for the opportunity to hear it before I get my own MKIV. That will at the very least afford you the time to find a good deal on one.

·
Buy Wholesale
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks greg!!!!

and yes i've put together a deal with phil for one of his!!

i hope to be in the drivers seat first week of april!!!

moses!! i will take you up on that offer if i can't find a trd in good time - i've heard some reviews on it, and its a good exhaust from what they say

my old car used to have it before it was de-singled - but i can't rememmeber much about it!!

do you have msn??? mine is [email protected]

greg - can you add me aswell??? wouldn't mind having another supra owner on my list :D

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I'll be selling my DP/exhaust in the near future once I get my project under way.

3 inch DP and the exhaust is a thermal R+D. Nice deep throaty sound.

Danny

·
Buy Wholesale
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how loud is that one compared to TRD????

does it look stock???

cause TRD atleast looks stock - and is very quiet!!!

thats why i picked this one over any other one that is louder and possibly sounds nicer

·
Buy Wholesale
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how loud is that one compared to TRD????

does it look stock???

cause TRD atleast looks stock - and is very quiet!!!

thats why i picked this one over any other one that is louder and possibly sounds nicer

OH and it needs a high flow cat

without a cat - i will get more 300 dollar tickets

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I haven't been looked at by cops or pulled over with this exhaust so you have nothing to worry about. Quiet as a mouse at idle. And pretty quiet at cruiing speeds. Opened up it's deep and throaty. Very different sound compared to the other brands.

I would say it's a very streetable exhaust system. If I could only get the video I recorded of my car at the dyno on my camcorder to my PC I could send you a clip. But for some reason when I transfer it it doesn't have sound :mad:

I can email a pic of the rear end so you can see what it looks like.

Danny

·
Canadian monster
596 Posts
hmm well it is in pretty good condition. i think that something like 350 canadian would be a good price.

·
Crazy Member
281 Posts
Greg Bielawski said:
Hey Taris,

Did you get another Supra already?

To answer your questions, I've never owned the exhaust but I've been told that it is a medium noise. It's not overly loud, but it's not that quiet either. Considering I never got pulled over with my Apexi GT-Spec (one of the louder exhausts on the market) I don't think you'll have that much to worry about.
If you live in Southern York Region, you get pulled over for anything that remotely resembles a modified car... even if its stock...

I once had a cop pull me over due to "modified head lights"... they were stock... he thought i had some film coating on them

1 - 20 of 23 Posts