Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 94 TT Supra, looking for stock turbo assembly. Need all factory actuators attached to the turbos, trying to get everything together to pass a smog. Attached below are pictures of what I currently have and the missing actuator. If by chance anyone has the actuator itself that would be awesome. I purchased a turbo assembly from a local buyer but unfortunately it seems the US and Japan specs are different. If anyone could help that'd be appreciated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I currently have a 94 TT Supra, looking for stock turbo assembly. Need all factory actuators attached to the turbos, trying to get everything together to pass a smog. Attached below are pictures of what I currently have and the missing actuator. If by chance anyone has the actuator itself that would be awesome. I purchased a turbo assembly from a local buyer but unfortunately it seems the US and Japan specs are different. If anyone could help that'd be appreciated.

Is this what you looking for by any chance?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I believe thats the one. Would you happen to have the stopper that goes with it as well? Attached below are pictures of the specific area. Thanks again.
The small thing from your picture was missing on mine.
I got the originals turbos as spare parts when i got my car and that thing is not there.
Looks like it broke of

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the piece you circled already just the stopper is what I’m missing. I circled it in the picture below. Does yours even have a hole for it? Can’t tell due to the shadow.

·
Registered
807 Posts
thats called the exhaust gas control valve. normally they have the flap on there, but people remove them when they do the "true twin conversion".
if the turbo flanges are 3 bolt they are JDM.
where are you located?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats called the exhaust gas control valve. normally they have the flap on there, but people remove them when they do the "true twin conversion".
if the turbo flanges are 3 bolt they are JDM.
where are you located?
Gotcha thats good to know. Sacramento CA

·
Registered
807 Posts
right on. i also have the CATS but im located in Oceanside Ca. are you planning on going back to "single" or non-smog compliant after you pass smog? this is the reason my cars are Reg in FL.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That’ll be up to the owner honestly. Personally I’d go catless with a single turbo lol. Gotta love California.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the piece you circled already just the stopper is what I’m missing. I circled it in the picture below. Does yours even have a hole for it? Can’t tell due to the shadow.
I am sorry,i do not have a hole there.
I do not know what do you mean the stopper might be.
but is that hole even OEM or just made to keep the valve stopped?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I am sorry,i do not have a hole there.
I do not know what do you mean the stopper might be.
but is that hole even OEM or just made to keep the valve stopped?
I can confirm that the little hole in the picture is not part of the original casting. It was drilled by a previous owner in order to give the metal wire something to hold onto for holding the ceramic EGCV flap open all the time.

OP, you can improvise if you need to to get some other C-Clip and little retaining bolt/mini rod for the EGCV actuator's arm (the big diaphragm part that you are missing) once you can find one. Any turbo rebuild shop should be able to find something off the shelf that will work. Those are the easy little parts to find equivalents for.

I am not sure what size, thread and pitch the three bolts are that hold it on but you can easily find the right type at any decent hardware store. Though it might be understandable not to since taking apart the system means replacing gaskets and without going to the trouble it's around 66lbs or so (I think?) as assembled in your top picture to bring with you into the store. I have a spare USDM EGCV iron housing (minus the important actuator and ceramic EGCV) that I can investigate with to find out though.

Toyota never sold the actuator diaphragm, three bolts, C-Clip and rod bolt or any part of that assembly separately other than the gaskets and ceramic EGCV itself (which has a separate part number but is also discontinued).

·
Registered
27 Posts
I can confirm that the little hole in the picture is not part of the original casting. It was drilled by a previous owner in order to give the metal wire something to hold onto for holding the ceramic EGCV flap open all the time.

OP, you can improvise if you need to to get some other C-Clip and little retaining bolt/mini rod for the EGCV actuator's arm (the big diaphragm part that you are missing) once you can find one. Any turbo rebuild shop should be able to find something off the shelf that will work. Those are the easy little parts to find equivalents for.

I am not sure what size, thread and pitch the three bolts are that hold it on but you can easily find the right type at any decent hardware store. Though it might be understandable not to since taking apart the system means replacing gaskets and without going to the trouble it's around 66lbs or so (I think?) as assembled in your top picture to bring with you into the store. I have a spare USDM EGCV iron housing (minus the important actuator and ceramic EGCV) that I can investigate with to find out though.

Toyota never sold the actuator diaphragm, three bolts, C-Clip and rod bolt or any part of that assembly separately other than the gaskets and ceramic EGCV itself (which has a separate part number but is also discontinued).
wait.so he just meant the little c clip holding the actuator to the little switch that its already there?

·
Registered
393 Posts
wait.so he just meant the little c clip holding the actuator to the little switch that its already there?
Oh, no. Sorry if my post created any confusion. In his original picture in the first post you can see the whole EGCV actuator/diaphragm is missing, plus the OEM C-Clip, little retaining pin/mini-dowel that the C-Clip goes onto and the three bolts that the actuator section bolts onto.

I was saying that, if the OP can find a spare USDM EGCV actuator and depending on what other parts it does or doesn't come with it should be easy to find some off the shelf mini-dowel and C-clip to connect the actuator arm to the EGCV's short metal arm with the number inscriptions on it. Finding equivalent bolts in the right size, thread, pitch and length should also be easy.

He definitely needs a USDM EGCV actuator to get his setup working.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh, no. Sorry if my post created any confusion. In his original picture in the first post you can see the whole EGCV actuator/diaphragm is missing, plus the OEM C-Clip, little retaining pin/mini-dowel that the C-Clip goes onto and the three bolts that the actuator section bolts onto.

I was saying that, if the OP can find a spare USDM EGCV actuator and depending on what other parts it does or doesn't come with it should be easy to find some off the shelf mini-dowel and C-clip to connect the actuator arm to the EGCV's short metal arm with the number inscriptions on it. Finding equivalent bolts in the right size, thread, pitch and length should also be easy.

He definitely needs a USDM EGCV actuator to get his setup working.
So you think the one in the picture i send will not work?
Its from an EU Spec supra

·
Registered
393 Posts
So you think the one in the picture i send will not work?
Its from an EU Spec supra
USDM, UK, Euro and other markets outside Japan all got the same version of the turbo system so it will work. Best to send the OP a picture of the part to confirm with him through.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I apologize for the confusion. CinePhile is correct. Looks like the previous owner did indeed drill a hole to keep the gates open. All I need is the actuator, and it looks like the image DevilHunter96 posted will work. Would love to take that off your hands and I’m sure I’ll need additional OEM parts as I put all of this back together, as far as the retaining clip goes that shouldn’t be a problem. Appreciate all of your guys help.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts