Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found a huge leak in my IC piping the other day, fixed that and the car ran like a dream. Today I go out for a WOT run and as soon as the second turbo comes online the car loses all of it's power and starts bucking like a bronco :eek: . I'm getting about 6-7 pounds out of the first turbo which is pretty normal but as soon as my tach reaches 4500rpm it feels like the accelerator has been depressed or something to that effect and I can barely accelerate. What the hell could be going on?? I"m clueless. I'm also hearing what it seems to be a massive rush of air coming out of god knows where. I don't have the death whine and I know that there isn't a leak in any IC pipes. What could be causing this? I need all of the help I can get. Thanks. Sorry for the long thread

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just found the problem. It was the exact same place where the first boost leak was. It was where the IC piping goes through the fender(of course the hardest place to work on) and connects to the intercooler itself. So the lesson learned- If it looks like it's connected it might not be. Boosting a strong 18 pounds now!;)

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
or go home depo and get those hard court clamps that will hold up to like 200lbs of pressure.....poor mans' modification;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts