Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been out of the loop for a while, but I did not believe I was this far removed to where I wouldn't have heard something about this?

I just recently tried to call SFS and found the number disconnected.

Then I look on Google, and see that it's permanently closed.

And on FB, a bunch of people complaining about a laundry list of issues with orders, staff incompetence and Jeremy destroying the business.

What the hell did I miss? How did SFS go from the absolute authority on Supras in the southeast to having the phone disconnected seemingly overnight?

Personally I never had a problem out of Speed For Sale aside from that lying scam artist Bryson Richards that they dealt with.

Other than that, I always found Jared and the others to be very helpful and informative.

Anybody know what happened?

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
It is a long story but as you said they are now permanently closed. If not for Jared , that shop wouldn't even have lasted as long as last year. All these years , it was him who kept it going until a point that he had enough . And the day he said I am done with SFS , technically the next day that shop was out of business .

You can't keep an establishment running if the owner doesn't do his part . Various reasons and many of them personal on why this business was eventually driven to the ground.

Jared is concentrating on a Youtube Channel called "Wrench Every Day" right now , doing films but has his own shop where he selectively does work for people he knows whenever he is in GA.

·
Registered
953 Posts
What? how did that happen? Gerrb , i agree with you.. i ordered a couple of parts and my credit card didn't go through, but credit is perfectly fine. Now it makes sense i guess.... too bad !!!

·
Inline for the win
4,690 Posts
What? how did that happen? Gerrb , i agree with you.. i ordered a couple of parts and my credit card didn't go through, but credit is perfectly fine. Now it makes sense i guess.... too bad !!!
I'm pretty sure Jeremy had personnel (health) issues I thought with his wife from the last time I recall.

·
Super Moderator
10,278 Posts
Did not know this. Very unfortunate.

Ken.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Indeed unfortunate cause that shop was always filled with Mk3s , Mk4s, GTRs and FDs until the day Jared said thats it , am out of here . In fact a lot of those cars have to be pulled out by owners who didn't even know what was going on and some transfered to nearby shops . I had to call someone here to pull out his MKIV quick .

·
Boost Junkie
12,401 Posts
Well that sucks. Sorry to hear about this.

Steve

·
585 Posts
Just like that. Sad to hear. They were one of the cornerstones in the Supra performance world for years.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Who are some good shops in GA that are on the same level of SFS when it comes to Supras?
When it comes to Supras , no one locally in GA can match the level of top notch service that Jared was providing to their owners. In fact a lot of local OGs will never let anyone or any shop touch their car if it is not Jared working on it that is why he decided to still work on cars on the side in his own shop. Even supra owners from surrounding states will look for him to work on their cars.

To answer a lot of questions without putting out a laundry list , there is nobody to blame on why this shop is closed but Jeremy. Most , if not all complaints or negative feedbacks given about this shop on the internet or locally , in one way or another , he has something to do with it.

For years , Jared kept this shop afloat through his dedication and good work ethics. People go to that shop because of Jared. And just like that , SFS was out of business day after he said , this will be my last day . Let me rephrase that, it wasn't a sudden decision. He was very patient all these past years. He protected and defended Jeremy and the company. His dedication and company loyalty kept this shop running for years in spite of his frustration with Jeremy.

But how the hell can a shop survive , when the owner / decision maker doesn't show up not only in days or weeks but a couple of months at a time and meanwhile a lot of things in the front office are not being done or taken cared of which is Jeremy's responsibility ? You will get a lot of angy customers or potential customers. In spite of that , still the shop was always filled with high performance cars because of Jared. So without Jared , the shop closed doors the next day which was around the 3rd quarter of last year.

·
Kappa Check 1 2
682 Posts
Ah dang, didn't know that. I've seen Jared in vids but didn't know he was THE guy. First time I saw him do a vid with Tavarish I was like HELL YEAH THIS DUDE KNOWS HIS SUPRAS! Little did I know lol

-Rich

·
Registered
170 Posts
Well, fwiw I've never even heard of Speed For Sale, only been in the MK4 game for about 4 years but that's an eternity for me to have not heard of a shop that's being regarded as one of the best in the Southeast. Sounds like they were a great asset once upon a time, what a shame.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Wow, really sorry to hear about this. I had no idea any of this was going on, they were always great to work with. They were another Supra shop that had seemed to make the transition over to the Nissan GTR as most of their orders with me the past several years were for that platform. Hopefully Jeremy and Jared will find success with any new opportunities they pursue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Indeed unfortunate cause that shop was always filled with Mk3s , Mk4s, GTRs and FDs until the day Jared said thats it , am out of here . In fact a lot of those cars have to be pulled out by owners who didn't even know what was going on and some transfered to nearby shops . I had to call someone here to pull out his MKIV quick .
Gerrb, do you know how to contact Jared? Phone, email, whatever? I've been going there for years, and was trying to schedule some work, and, of course, was unable to reach them. Now I know why. If you want to let me know directly, send to [email protected]. Thanks much.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I bought my Supra from them back in 2009 and couldn't have asked for a better experience. I was just getting ready to reach out to them this week about my sloppy shifter only to notice they were non-existent. Shocked to say the least, and glad I found this post. I wish them all the best

1 - 20 of 29 Posts