Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

· I rock like CRACK
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start off by saying that I do in fact own a C5Z06 but I just don't understand most vette owners. I'm a supporting vendor on CF so I can't really say anything about all the hideous shit that I see but it's ridiculous. Everyday there's some new pics of a members great new checkered interior, marble painted trim, chrome caps on EVERYTHING including the radio knobs, flames painted all over the car, even the interior. I just can't get to grips with the way people choose to adorn vettes, especially after spending so much time here with so many tastefully done cars. What is SF's take on this?

· Supraddict
1,745 Posts
This Z06 showed up to a show my college car club held a few years back. It was "medieval" themed, and what you can't see includes a gigantic pointy metal black widow spider made into a shift knob, and the huge claymore sword was is "installed" in the trunk is propping up the hood in this pic.

· Registered
18,343 Posts
Lots of Vette owners are from the "old school" and their tastes (unfortunately IMHO) mirror that (think 50's hotrods).

· I rock like CRACK
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

· King of Snark
2,126 Posts
I think it depends on the year vette.. the older vettes very rarely do you see tacky shit put on them. It's all the newer vettes and maybe it's the clientle how many people who own newer vettes also watch nascar every sunday? Most people I have seen rocking the newer c5-c6 vettes are all ******** and we know they don't have any class whatsoever

· Dat-Ass Fry
1,246 Posts
There are piss poor examples of Supras on this forum as there are piss poor examples on Corvetteforum. What sections do you browse? I always just read the technical and power/tuning sections. Those guys are serious and true enthusiasts.

I mean really, there are plenty of ugly bodykits/F&F Supras on this board.

*shrug*

BTW: This is coming from a person who has owned two Vettes that were heavily modded.

· I rock like CRACK
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I read all the sections and I also see quite a few here at the shop that are the same way. I know there are gross cars everywhere but there just seem to be more among vette people.

· Exiled Supra Owner
3,986 Posts
Depending which sections you explore on CF, you will find the most serious tracked Corvettes to the “themed” out Corvette. As T66Dawg, many of the vette owners are old skool and have the money to throw away on their cars. Performance isn’t everything to boomers.

For me personally driving a C6 Corvette was a pleasant experience from street to track. Sure the car caters on disposable income and points to old timers, but the value of the car just can’t be beat when it comes to serious racing.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.