Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· 2JZ NA-T
7,624 Posts
i think i get you question, jokes asides though, that alows your cylinder head to "breath" ie: vent out gases that build up inside, but since there is oil in there as well, a catch can is put in place so that the oil ...well... gets caught inside :) (didnt know how else to put it)

· 1995 TT 6spd
381 Posts
i think i get you question, jokes asides though, that alows your cylinder head to "breath" ie: vent out gases that build up inside, but since there is oil in there as well, a catch can is put in place so that the oil ...well... gets caught inside :) (didnt know how else to put it)

:thumbup:

· Administrator
11,507 Posts
Both those cars don't have the pcv system which is for emissions. Once you tap the valve cover on the supra and replace with fittings to run to a catch can, you no longer have the pcv valve that is needed for this "emission" system to work.

I don't believe its called a pcv on the skyline motor either because they don't run a pcv type emissions control.

· 2JZ NA-T
7,624 Posts
Both those cars don't have the pcv system which is for emissions. Once you tap the valve cover on the supra and replace with fittings to run to a catch can, you no longer have the pcv valve that is needed for this "emission" system to work.

I don't believe its called a pcv on the skyline motor either because they don't run a pcv type emissions control.
absolutley correct. once you go this route you no longer are running a valve, but just a simple breather system

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.