Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2005 LP640
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright here's the deal. My ebc REFUSES to make the tial wg work.

Before I had it set up for an external setup with "IN" going to compressor nipple, "Out" to top port on wastegate, and the side port going to a vacuum source on the intake manifold.

Then I tried testing the wg. Ran a line straight from the compressor nipple to the side port on the wastegate. Worked fine and boosts a consistant 1 bar.

Hooked the ebc up for an actuator type wastegate, and now it doesn't work. What the hell is wrong with this stupid thing? It worked fine on my CT-26.

Any ideas? 1 bar of boost is fine for me on the street, but I want to occasionally crank the bitch up to about 20-22psi.

·
Impeller Head
2,832 Posts
Is there a setting on the ebc for poppet type? as opposed to swing/flap type? I'm not sure but I seem to recall my hks evc 4 having that. Besides that, I can only think of rechecking the hose connections. HTH.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
jt2ma71 said:
Is there a setting on the ebc for poppet type? as opposed to swing/flap type? I'm not sure but I seem to recall my hks evc 4 having that. Besides that, I can only think of rechecking the hose connections. HTH.

correct there are different settings for the internal and external wastegates. some ebcs might not be able to cope with the different styles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts