Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Z06 convert
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps it's because, other than the occasional older Navigator and Town Car, I never see a Lincoln on the road anymore... but this is quite possibly the ugliest brand on the road today.

Wasn't that thing a Zephyr or something last year?

Let's make the tail lights as ugly as possible on the whole line-up!

The use of chrome bits on the Escalade is subtle and classy. The use of chrome on this thing is gaudy. Check out those giant panels on the lower doors.

No wonder Ford is in the shitter. Not only does their own brand suck, they've also got two pointless brands that are pretty much dead: Mercury and Lincoln. I never really understood why they ever kept Mercury alive past the 1990's. The resources wasted on Mercury could be used to create a better Lincoln.

GM clearly has better design and marketing behind them.

·
mises.org
711 Posts
I agree, these brands are pretty much useless these days and do nothing but suck on the resources of Ford, the resources that could of been utilized into waking it up. While what should of been done was end these brands I think the reason they have held on so long is because of the unions.

Even GM has two brands that it is forced to lug around without purpose, Buick and Pontiac.

·
Banned
2,655 Posts
yes the new navigator is HORRIBLE

·
Weapon of Mass Affection
3,780 Posts
Somewhere in Michigan..................

Gentleman today we are implementing a new slash and burn retreat policy; but first we have to fulfill the unions' old George Foreman severance buyout package. After we refinance the refine we did to finance the new Jack Nickolaus edition Aviator to go head to head with those nifty Tiger Woods Enclaves, well then it's gonna' be anyones game.

Next year we are going to get serious, (About cars sir?) No you dolt. Grills. About grills that is.

We need bigger grills.

Then we can really show those Japanese who means business. Nothing screams post-middle class, sub prime fallout survivor like some shiny chrome to let that hippy driving the Camry in that lane next to you that it's no ordinary latte in your mega size cup holder. That's a soy latte.

Somebody call accounting, have them order some Paul Wall CD's for the creative department, I've got an idea for a sports car.....

·
4,109 Posts
I agree, these brands are pretty much useless these days and do nothing but suck on the resources of Ford, the resources that could of been utilized into waking it up. While what should of been done was end these brands I think the reason they have held on so long is because of the unions.

Even GM has two brands that it is forced to lug around without purpose, Buick and Pontiac.
Buick does have a purpose...what else would old people who don't want Town Cars drive? And Pontiac has a purpose too...where do you think National Car Rental gets most of their fleet from?

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
Saw the new Navigator the road, and I felt sad for the person who actually paid to drive that thing. I wouldn't drive it if someone fuckin paid me...

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
The retro guage cluster is equally unappealing. It's a real shame that they made a number of mechanical and comfort improvements to the vehicle and then covered it in shit! My guess is that we will see some crazy lease deals and incentives on this thing en route to an early refresh on the design.

·
Banned
2,655 Posts
No doubt. Its probably the ugliest thing on the road today. Looks like a big electric shaver.

bwhahahha you must have already seen it then:)

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
No doubt. Its probably the ugliest thing on the road today. Looks like a big electric shaver.
LOL. Sadly, it's true.

·
Aspiring viking
1,842 Posts
Wasn't that thing a Zephyr or something last year?
Ford is doing a couple of mid-model renames because they think the problem is what they call them. A rose by any other name is still a rose... likewise, a turd by any other name is still a turd.

·
Registered
693 Posts
For years, I have been awaiting a vehicle to dethrone the Pontiac Aztec as 'Ugliest Vehicle Ever Mass Produced'.....
Freinds, that day has apparently reared its ugly head in the form of the newest generation of Lincoln Navigator.

Pray for those that buy/lease/one day rent/are seen inside one.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Lack of development funds --> cannot bring leading edge products to market even if they had all the motivation to (which I'm sure they have)

Toyota has a design studio (Main Design Center, opened in 2003) where the whole darn roof opens up like a building-convertible (in 2 min.) so that the vehicle styling concepts can be studied under natural sunlight with 5 turntable tops.

Virtual reality rooms (haptics also at most car makers) and many other features like above cost $$$.

Forget Lincoln, the bread and butter Ford division is about to get something nice.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Veh...s/Ford_Flex_Bows_in_New_York.S181.A12171.html

Click on the small hypertext gallery link of this.

See the features on this thing not avail. in Lincolns. No luxury at this crisis period to dumb down a Ford to preserve Lincoln exclusivity.

Think Scion xB/Honda Element made for suburbia soccer moms. This should be a raging hit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts