Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im going to return a movie, come to a red light and stop. Once it went green, my clutch/gas pressing didnt go so well and it like stalled, but still idleling at about 100rpms according to the tach(didnt look at afc). I would gas it and nothing happened. I try starting it while stilll looking like its was barelyyyyy idleling and it made that funny noise like when u crank the car when already running. I was like "wtf". It finnaly dies and started with my foot halfway down the gas and it jumped to like 4500 rpms and i took off. Once i got to my destination, and started the car to head back home, my wideband was reading about mid 12's to tapping 13's. Its never happend and i have NO CLUE wtf cause it. The only thing that came to thought was the starter, but even that. Any clue anyone?

8,181 Posts
What are your mods? Something similar happened to me a while back. Turn out to be a faulty wire on the MAF connector.

·
Blood for Blood
8,324 Posts
start simple... were you hitting hit hard before it did this? any hard pulls? check for boost leaks 1st man.

8,181 Posts
Simple NA-T. Maf based. 60-1 with a 6puck XTD. Nothing crazy. It freaked me out though. Since i havent had any problems with the car and its getting picked up tuesday:(. What exactly happen to yours?
Mine would just die driving around town, drop rpm not rev at all then suddenly every thing comes back online. the first thing I checked was the MAF and one of wires were completly striped off from the base of the connector.

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
start simple... were you hitting hit hard before it did this? any hard pulls? check for boost leaks 1st man.
No pulls at all, just drove it about 1.5 miles normal when i got to the light. I have a boost leak where the coupler and the intake manifold are at, housing is too biig. But that isnt a big issue, i just can only boost so high right now due to that, and it runs rich as well. But on normal driving condition, my afr's are at about high 14's w/o issues. I just got to the light, didnt have enough gas and popped the clutch. But it was stupid and stayed idled at like 200 rpms:wtf:

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine would just die driving around town, drop rpm not rev at all then suddenly every thing comes back online. the first thing I checked was the MAF and one of wires were completly striped off from the base of the connector.
Mines has never just died when driving around, unless i blew a pipe off. This is the first time this pos has happened. And always starts up within the first second every time from a cold start. MAf has never given me problems. But i will check tha tout too, on these NA-T's the maf wires are somewhat close to the turbo manifold.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Mine kinda did the same thing one night. it would act like i had a boost leak and would also randomly cut off. ended up being a bad s-afc or lose MAF wire on S-AFC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts