Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to track the other day for first time this spring. Now i went over the summer on a nice cool night and cranked off a nice 13.6 @ 108 with just my catback. Im an auto TT. Now since then i have thrown on an RMM downpipe, BCC, boost guage, intake, and profec B (piece of shit), and some 3330s. It was a good 84 degrees air temp outside and was much much hotter in the lineup. Anyways i was shocked to see my best run i could pull was a 13.8 @ 104. I didnt have my boost controller on because the profec is a piece of shit. It was so hot out that i was only hitting about 12-13 psi maximum, in 3rd gear...opposed to the 18-19 that ill hit all night when its about 50 degrees. So i guess it makes sense but i was extremely disappointed. I knew right away once i hit second gear that my times were gonna suck nutz cause it didnt feel nearly as stong as it usually does. I left the track and did a highway pull and hit 15psi so i think the temp on the track was just destroying my potential. Need a front mount i recon, or just run at night. Sorry to make us look bad...wont happen again

·
Registered
234 Posts
Your stock twins might be going bad, that would cause the low PSI, and by the look of your MPH, that looks like the problem.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
If your car feels stronger at night when the air is cooler, it probably is! There is a pretty good difference w/ any car's performance when the air gets hotter, but especially in a turbo car w/ stock intercooler. Just go back to the track when it's cooler and figure out another way to get more boost(MKIV.com). With those additional mods you made, especially the DP, you should be flying, just make sure your plugs are gapped at .028-.030, take out the headlight, reset your ecu, and use 100 octane.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
it doesnt matter if it was 150 degrees out, you should still boost the same. Make less power at the same boost, but still boost the same psi, or within -1, +1psi.

Do the spring mod, take off the profec B, and try the bleeder t.

also, take out trac fuse, reset ecu(ten minutes atleast), pull headlight, and some race gas mix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts