Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It fell out my tranny when i took it out for my clutch install i thought it was my pilot bearing till i found out my pilot was still pressed in. My clutch setup was ACT PP, HPF sprung disk, and fidanza flywheel is this a stock part or one to my old clutch setup? I need to figure it out before i put my new clutch in and cant find it on the toyota manual diagram

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just bought a brand new pilot from toyota and it didnt look anything like that. For one the bearings are covered and for two the other side isnt metal its the plastic piece covering the bearing and three i just pulled my old one out with a puller and put my new one in. In this diagram http://mkiv.com/manual/manualtt/clutch_replacement/c1.jpg it doesnt show this piece anyone know what it is before i put my tranny in?

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
What is the size of that bearing? Pilot or Throw out size? Just put it in your box of Supra parts you don't know where in the hell they go. No way it could have come out of your tranny, Throw out is larger and held in with clips, and the pilot is not just going to fall out. Give me a measurment.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am thinking its your pilot, not too sure I worked on a friends of mines 300zx that ate 3 trannys in a week. The fun part was tearing them apart:bigthumb: it could be that or your berring cage got messed up and spit out an intact berring, which is rare.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
looks exactly like a pilot berring

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah guys this is stumping me to. Here are pics of the old pilot i pulled out and the new one i bought from toyota just pressed into my motor. I took my hub apart and seen the old throw out bearing so it cant be that, it was big. Maybe it was ontop of the tranny or somethin, i never seen that thing before and when i pulled the tranny out it fell down I didnt see from where though i was makin sure not to drop the tranny on the ground.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
See how on the one i pulled and bought both sides have the black plastic covering the balls and no metal side. The mystery bearing is also a lil fatter. I guess hands on is right, it's going in the box of "WTF are these parts"

·
Space for sale
980 Posts
Maybe it was a bearing that you had in your pocket that fell out when you were under the car :dunno:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts