Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this listed on CL as well: https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/d/1987-toyota-supra-targa-7mgte/6450376701.html

I have for sale an old project car that was fully built and running for ~5,000 miles in 2007 but unfortunately developed an oil ring leak in cylinder #5. Symptoms included visible oil on the spark plug after extended driving as well as puffs of blue smoke after starting from an extended idle (stop lights). It has since been sitting in a lot due to life taking over and I really don't see myself ever having the time to have another go at it. The 7MGTE engine was built to roughly 400hp (upgraded ct26 turbo) and certainly felt the part.

100% rebuilt, machined and fully restored in 2006 with the following:

5 Angle Head Job
Hot Tank/Bead Blast Motor Assembly
Shot Peen/Polish Rods
Resize Rods
Deck/Lap Head & Block
Bore/Hone .02 Over
Grind/Polish Crank
Full Rotating Assembly Balance
New OEM Rod Bearings
New OEM Main Bearings

Performance Upgrades:

JE Pistons & Rings
Cometic Metal Headgasket
ARP Head Studs
ARP Main Studs
ARP Rod Bolts
Full Gasket Set
OEM Wiring Harness
OEM Oil Pump
3.5" Downpipe/Exhaust
Hi-Flow Cat
Blitz Nur Spec R Muffler
Spec Stage 2 Clutch (kevlar based, broken in for 1500 miles)
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
Venom 680cc Fuel Injectors
Aeromotive Air/Fuel Pressure Regulator (AFPR) w/ ECU splice harness
Greddy Digital Boost Controller & Turbo Timer
Bosch Wideband O2 Sensor w/ digital readout
Rebuilt CT26 Turbo with Upgraded 62-1 Wheel Trim
Megan Racing Intercooler w/ 2.5" mandrel bent intake piping and silicone sleeves (ran up to 14psi without issue)
HKS SSQV BOV
MAF Intake w/ piggyback ECU

Brand new full ECU harness
All belts, bushings, valves, springs, o-rings, etc were replaced with toyota oem parts.
All hoses/fittings replaced with steel braided/silicone and anodized fittings.
Polished valve covers and intake manifold
Relocated oversized oil filter with new lines

I have pictures/receipts/documentation for all of this.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some things but you get the idea; I poured my young little heart and soul into this car and was determined to do it all right.
There is at least $8000 worth of parts/labor that went into this and the engine was built to handle ~700hp (I had aspirations).
That said, I am not naive; I don't expect to get anywhere near what I put into it.
This is a fantastic starting point or parts car for a supra enthusiast at a bargain.

What you'll need to get it running:
Radiator and hoses
Driveshaft (original developed a "clunk" when turning, still worked, just didn't feel right).
Piston rings (may as well replace as a set, #5 cylinder is the only one with a problem)
Full gasket set (you'll need to replace these after replacing the rings)
Spark plugs
Battery
Tires
A bunch of TLC

The car is in my garage and will require a flatbed for pickup. Includes all the parts you see in the pictures.

Feel free to check my post history for detailed recounts of all the work that went into it. I have a gallery of hundreds of pictures of the build process and everything that went into it.

I'm honestly not sure what to ask for it so let's start at $3000 and rap from there.

https://imgur.com/a/1auG1 for more pics.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts