Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I originally bought this '93 black/black Supra for myself.

After spending over 40 hours giving it the "mac Daddy" detail and getting
it into the type of condition I like my cars to be in, the desire for a '98 is compelling
me to trade it, or I may sell it if I find a '98 to replace it on my own.
Seeking a trade for a '98 Supra Turbo and the criteria is pretty open:
No body kits or repaints and must be clean!

They say a photo is worth a thousand words, so I'll let the photos do the
talking, other than this is a one owner car, 17,9XX miles, 6-speed,
All Matching Vins, No paint work other than I just resprayed the front
bumper due to having the front plate bracket installed.

If there is a nicer Supra TT around, I've Never seen it and I've seen a LOT!

I'm kind of undecided if I want to sell and am really looking for a trade.
So, "priority to trades" for a white 996TT or '98 Supra Turbo.
I also bought a '98 Steering wheel that I haven't installed yet, which I'll throw in!

Here are the pictures:

·
Registered
104 Posts
VERY NICE 93.5, I know a guy here in Palm Beach who might be interested in it because of the low miles. he has a 98, But, he's always complaining about the OBD-II, but never does anything about it, and I remember one time he said something like, Supra's are so rare I would like to have a 93-95, but all of them are either beat up or have 200K miles on them. I'm gonna send him this link, I have no idea how he'll react, I don't want to get your hopes up, but, he's not a member of the forums, if he likes it can I PM you to give you his Email? I also have a 98, But, I just spent 10K on a solid Black PaintJob, So even if I wanted too I don't qualify, it doesn't matter, I plan to be buried in my Supra. I'm making my dream Supra and the stock paint was fine, but you should see this guys work, he does all the really expensive cars in Palm Beach. My car was probably the first Toyota he's ever painted. Brembo Brake system with cross drilled Rotors, HRE 540's,HID Lights,Large Front mount intercooler and TRD exhaust and lowered about an inch on HKS Coilover's, those are the only outside indicator's my car isn't stock.
Good luck, and Very Cherry Ride. Also, I know somebody who has a 98 and might trade with you, that I just thought of, I'll PM you.
John
98 PHR-Built Supra 3.4L Turbo+way too much to count

·
Universal Ambassador ^*^
83 Posts
Clean paint job, looks brand new. GL with the sale. A+ for the low miles!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yeah, I buy 1 Supra every 5 posts. I only need a couple more posts and then I can buy this one.

I really would like to have this one in my garage. My color combo.

Britt

·
Administrator
17,262 Posts
I just saw the car today...INCREDIBLE. No disappointments, and it has been represented very well. It's a time capsule Supra for sure. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
104 Posts
OK, now I'm Interested

Seeing another Supra in such good shape, especially the first year, I wouldn't trade Supra's. If somebody could give you immediate payment in full how much would you ask for it. if this has already been asked, my bad, but, I wanted to give you an email address, it's a throwaway address, so other readers don't start emailing me for no reason. [email protected] I just made that up, email me with a price.
John
98 PHR Supra 6spd 3.4L

·
Registered
265 Posts
Daniel, do you think examples like these will be around within a couple years? Every time I see a Supra like this I'm compelled to jump on it in fear I won't come across a similar one ever again :D

-Joe

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the positive comments!

Joe, your question has merit. While I think there will always be a large number of low mileage supras out there, the challenge I've had is trying to find one that met my criteria, which was: black/black, six-speed, stock or minimal mods, and 9.5 out of 10 overall condition or better. I've been keeping my eye out for quite some time and it has been hard to find one. There were a few that came on the market like the one J. Blackwell had, but they all fell short of my criteria in some respect. The owner of this Supra knew what he had and wouldn't negotiate on his price, so I paid big money to get it.

I will consider offers and would ask that people simply PM or e-mail them to me; however, my preference is a trade just simply because if I sell the car before I find a '98 I'm unsure how long it will take to find anything similar in a 98!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thanks for the positive comments!

Joe, your question has merit. While I think there will always be a large number of low mileage supras out there, the challenge I've had is trying to find one that met my criteria, which was: black/black, six-speed, stock or minimal mods, and 9.5 out of 10 overall condition or better. I've been keeping my eye out for quite some time and it has been hard to find one. There were a few that came on the market like the one J. Blackwell had, but they all fell short of my criteria in some respect. The owner of this Supra knew what he had and wouldn't negotiate on his price, so I paid big money to get it.

I will consider offers and would ask that people simply PM or e-mail them to me; however, my preference is a trade just simply because if I sell the car before I find a '98 I'm unsure how long it will take to find anything similar in a 98!
Daniel, thanks for the reply. I appreciate it! Good luck with your trade. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.