Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up for sale is a 87 Toyota Supra with Targa top. Black exterior with blue interior and 165kmiles on body. It has a USDM 2jzge and a R154 tranny which is controlled by 7mge electronic. Engine runs smooth but does have some problems starting occasionally when engine is hot (believe something gets heat soaked but unsure as to what). I have owned the car for about a year and when I got it was barely able to run due to some messed up sensors and some shady wiring.

I also average between 24-27mpg.

The main problems with the car are that the clear coat is fading on most of the car, the starting when hot problem, an occasional miss, cracked windshield, broken passenger seat, and could probably use a brake change. It also has no a/c and no stereo.

List of parts:
- usdm 2jzge with roughly 60k miles…0 issues with engine
- R154 tranny- smooth shifts and oil changed less than 3k
- Solid 1 piece aluminum driveshaft
- New radiator
- Electric fan that turns on with ignition
- New fuel filter and spark plugs, wires, and cap an rotor have less than 3k
- KYB gas shocks and H&R springs
- 17” no name rims (Black with Polished lip) probably need tires soon
- Apc steering wheel
- HKS dragger style muffler with 2.5in exhaust. No cat.
I will include a set of JDM corner lights, complete set of 2jzge and 2jzgte injectors, and a 2jzge ecu.

Like I stated before I do daily drive the car and it is a blast to drive. It just has some minor issues but has a lot of potential if placed in the right hands.Will only trade for s13 or s14, swapped civic 92 and up or integra all must be manual tranny
pics of car http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/cars-sale-wanted/527058-87-toyota-supra-targa-2jzge-r154-2800obo.html

pm with offers

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
damn didnt know that yea im trying to find a 7m wiring harness cuz from what i have read i can use the harness on my 2j and run all 7m electronics except the cam position sensore or get a 7m and 2j wiring harness and get it mated together by dr tweak. eithere way its going to cost a arm and a leg

·
(ViP) Instant Gentlemen
200 Posts
thats the main problem with this car IS the harness. its horrible IMO and now i probably feel i could tackle it

The best way to solve your problems is to use the 2jz-ge ecu, 2jz-ge harness and adapt the plugs from the mk3 to the harness.

it will run soo much better, trust me.

for all that tho you should just a swap, you already have the whole tranny setup, this car deserves 1jz/2jz-gte.

or boost of some sort.

oh btw i never knew about the 1 piece solid driveshaft lol. I put a stock one unless the guy who traded me put one on.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh well the guy i got it from still has the 2jzge ecu, 2jzge and gte injecters that he was supposed to mail me but every time i text him there is never a return text kinda pissing me off. what im probly going to do is save up and buy the 2jzgte from tigerjapaness.com and the buy a ecu and wiring harness because if i buy the complete 2jzgte w/ tranny it comes with the ecu, wiring harness and auto tranny but of i get that and it comes with auto tranny wont the wiring harness not work with the manual tranny.......then i could try to find some one that will buy the auto tranny

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea i might just go 1jz because there is alot 2jz mk3 but it all depends i what i come across. do u know what harness is in the car because i have no clue and what did the motor come out of and year

·
(ViP) Instant Gentlemen
200 Posts
its from a 95-96 SC300 its using the 7m-ge harness with 7m-ge ecu. i say rip all that shit out and get a 1jz-gte for a supra (just motor with accessories) [for rear sump & supra harness] use the tranny setup on the car and thats it.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts