Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned, jk lol
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you guys will probably laugh, but when I stopped by Circuit City I noticed that the 360 arcades were going for $119.99, these are the new models with HDMI and internal memory, plus a wireless controller. Definitely a good deal for the casual gamer. If you can find a Circuit City that is still open I would check it out.

·
Slightbreach of Etiquette
429 Posts
For anyone interested, it has 256mb internal memory - probably a good idea to pick up a 60gb HD ($100 at BBY, maybe less if you can find them at CC?), but even then it's roughly $200 less than I paid for mine. It doesn't come with HD cables but use the HDMI port anyway if you can.

·
Scuzi!
1,394 Posts
I'd be more impressed if somebody could get a PS3 from Circuit City for free via some sort of scam and post receipts online. That would make said person totally "the guy."

·
1,793 Posts
FFFFFFUUUUUUUU! I'd get a spare one at that price just to get some multi-player action going at my crizzib, yo! Wireless controller is like $60 with the battery and play-n-charge cable itself.

·
Scotch Scotch Scotch
3,485 Posts
FFFFFFUUUUUUUU! I'd get a spare one at that price just to get some multi-player action going at my crizzib, yo! Wireless controller is like $60 with the battery and play-n-charge cable itself.
Wait so you have to pay for a wireless controller? Dont you have to pay for a the wireless adapter too? And people complain that a PS3 (which comes with both) is expensive.

·
Slightbreach of Etiquette
429 Posts
The Core version came with a wired controller, the receiver is built in to the 360. The arcade and elite's come with wireless

edit: So they've changed the lineup. They all have wireless now, the arcade is just a barebones version:
256mb internal memory (very very likely you'll want a HD, but getting an arcade at $119 is worth it)
doesn't have the network cable (not expensive), headset nor HD av cables, but does have HDMI.

FWIW My cable has never worked in SD mode :/ It doesn't matter any more, but it DID keep me from playing when there was only 1 HDTV and it was in use

Compare site for Xbox's

·
Blackzilla
1,579 Posts
Wait so you have to pay for a wireless controller? Dont you have to pay for a the wireless adapter too? And people complain that a PS3 (which comes with both) is expensive.
A wireless controller comes with the system. It's run off of batteries. You can pay for a rechargeable battery and recharger. Otherwise you can use your normal AA or recharged able AAs you have laying around.

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
That link has the XBOX 360 arcade on the xbox site for 120? So the CC price is nothing special?
It says $199 for me. The cheapest I've seen it is $150 during Dell's video game sale.

Can you show me the $120 link? I'd love to buy it from a store that lets you return it just in case something goes wrong.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts