Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an XM radio, the Roady receiver, and it comes with a micro antenna. Now, I'm trying to figure out how to mount the damn thing. If I mount it through the rear hatch area I can't seem to figure out how I'd get it routed with enough length left, without tearing the car apart. Has anyone else mounted an antenna in their car an has suggestions, or know of maybe a different antenna I could use?

·
Registered
36 Posts
i install xm for a living. you kinda have to take the car apart to get the antenna to reach the unit. the antenna should be magnetic if it came with the roady so you can just stick it right on anything metal.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blah, I just decided to go against the mounting instructions after reading through a few XM forums and installed it in the car, on the dash. No drop-outs so far, apparently the slope of the Supras windows helps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't seen the signal drop below three bars yet, until I go under a bridge.. and then it's usually two bars, although on a really long bridge I had a second drop-out.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
That is definately the easiest. When I still had my delphi I ran the wire up around the rear glass and stuck the antenna on the metal piece between the glass and targa.

I put it back far enough that the wire was not visable in the gap between the panels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts