Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If a CD player says "XM ready", what exactly does it mean? What all would I need (aside from an intenna) to make XM work on it?

·
no moe sup
699 Posts
you probably have a pioneer alpine or sony. what it means is that your unit is capable of hooking up an xm tuner that is an optional peice and thus will work right off the display of your unit.

what unit do you have?

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was something my dad was looking at and he asked me. Considering mine and his like of the Supertuners it was probably a Pioneer. It was just a curiosity thing.

So does that mean that there's multiple inputs, like a in-home stereo's selection? (general question)

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DEHP2500...it's a pioneer unit. Just looking for some info on it.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have a Pioneer (like yours) and you would need the Pioneer XM module (thin metal box) which has a special IP-Bus connector that plugs directly into the rear of the radio... You can connect any Pioneer addons to the radio that use this connector.. The XM module is sold on Ebay or at Walmart, Kmart, etc.. You then press the SOURCE button on the radio to go to FM, CD, and XM.. The radio will recognize the presence of the XM module when connected...

The model # on the XM module is GEX-P910XM (or the older P900 unit will work as well).. The XM antenna model # is AN-91XM and I have one of those for cheap if you want it.. Or any XM radio antenna will work... Please ask if any other questions...

Also, your can go to www.pioneerelectronics.com, click on Car Products and then type your model number (deh-p2500) in the search box to get all info on your unit...

573 Posts
You can buy the tuners mentioned, or, you can wait a month and the adapters for the xm commander will be out.. Basically xm cut out the middle man (pioneer, alpine, sony) and put out their own box, which btw has a foot print just a little smaller than a cd case..

Basically, buy the xm commander, buy the pioneer adapter, plug it in and thats it.. That way you don't have to sacrifice a lot of space.. Speaking of not sacrificing space, terk came out with a new antenna that is awesome as well.. (Comes w/ the xm commander) Its about the size of a silver dollar and half an inch tall..

Justin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts