Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
320hp
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WITH XTREMEMOTORWERKS;XTREMERACECARS... ITS NOT GOOD, TO SAY THE LEAST. If anyone has any questions(members, moderators) please feel free to PM me.

Back in the earlier part of this year, I decided to upgrade to the AEM EMS. While doing some searching around I came upon Xtreme Motor Werks(Xtrememotorwerks.com; Xtremeracecars.com) in Paterson, NJ. Carl Jr. (Co-Owner) had given me a good price on Both the Greddy IC kit and EMS system. After a Few lengthy conversations with Carl, I had decided to have him setup and Tune the EMS. Between his pricing, knowledge, he’s local and had an inhouse dyno he outweighed the competition. For a while I was considering a VPC/GCC combo, but I liked the idea of the AEM controlling boost(one less Thing i'd need to buy) Since the AEM EMS setup was costing more than the VPC/GCC, I wanted to have the AEM Boost Control working as it was $500 less I had to spend on a EBC. Carl told me in order to have the AEM boost control working I would need to add a GM boost solenoid to have the EMS control Boost Pressure. In the meantime while waiting for the EMS, and FJO wideband to come in I picked up the Greddy FMIC so I could put it on over the weekend while I waited for the EMS to arrive. The intercooler arrived to Carls shop in about a weeks time. This was the First time I have seen the place since I ordered the parts over the phone. In some of our earlier conversations Carl told me he tune’s the car on his Dyno. Well I was quite surprised because he had no Dyno when I got there. I asked him, he said he sold his old dyno, Because it was only good for 1600hp and the new one he was getting is good for 2100hp (which he needed for his 350z) At this time he told me that he will tune my car on the street, and we can bring it to a Dyno shop around the corner. He was going to setup a pump gas tune, and a race gas tune also. I was still alittle leary of having my car ripped around the neighborhood to have the Computer setup.

A few weeks later Carl called me and told me the AEM came in. So I dropped it off and at the same time he was supposed to be putting in a Greddy Timing belt. But the beginning of the next week Carl told me that they sent the Wrong Belt(they sent one for a Skyline) So he was just going to install the AEM, a few days later he said he had it all setup, and we had an appointment at the Dyno shop. Carl decides now to tell me that sometimes the car will break-up WOT because I need a DLI or CDI. The main reason bringing this to a professional was so it was done right. So I told Carl to go ahead and install the DLI(I just wished he had told me this in the beginning) So I got there and At this time Carl tells me, that it is kinda hard to use the GM boost solenoid on the factory turbos, and once I go single it will work great.... Hmmmm before buying the AEM Carl knew this car was bone stock, except an Exhaust. At this time he said that no matter what he was doing with the Boost map it was just running 16.5psi (before the install he said he was gonna tune it for 20psi) He now says for me to buy a Manual Boost controller for the time being so I can run 20psi. (Further recent examination, shows nothing setup for Boost Control)

So, we take the car for a cruise to the Dyno shop. While on the Highway I was monitoring the Wide-Band and it was reading 10.0 on a WOT run, and cruising at 11.0-12.0. I was conserned that it was alittle rich, Carl told me that you are better safe than sorry. Also the crossover between the 1st and 2nd turbo was quite rough if you were driving normal. But WOT you didn’t notice it as much. He said he called AEM, since he hasn’t tuned many AEM’s on stock Twins, and they said its impossible to get it perfect!! So we get to the Dyno shop of his choice, what a pick!!(rollseyes) He forgot the new plugs he said he was going to swap out before the runs, Greeeatttt… So we put the car on the Dyno and he logs the run… 16.5psi solid and 10.0 A/F.

He was so proud of himself, he said “HOW MUCH MORE PERFECT CAN YOU GET THAN THAT 10.0 SOLID” I was like, “great but I think that’s alittle rich, can we lean it out alittle 11.0-11.3” (ALSO, THE WIDEBAND DOES NOT READ ANY LOWER THAN 10.0)

He said “Sure” He did some adjustments and run the car again. Guess the outcome…..

16.5psi 10.0 A/F… did he even adjust anything… he said that if we lean out the map alittle, we should pick up a lot of power. He trys again same thing.
He said that I should drive around the car alittle and bring it back sometime next week and we can setup a race tune. Why not today??? That was the original plan??? I still don’t know…

So I drive the car around, and the car pulled good. Except the site of the black cloud you would see in the mirror. Less than a week later, the 2nd turbo stopped working, at the same time I noticed the stock clutch started to slip, I talked to Carl and he said the Timing belt is now in also. So he orders me a RPS stage 3 clutch, he had recommended it. So I drop the car off and I told him to check out the Turbos and see if the #2 turbo was blown, because I wasn’t hearing the Known “Deathwine” I picked up another set of stock turbos for him to swap out if they were bad. So he installs the Clutch, and the Greddy Timing belt, Toyota Water pump, and Toyota Tensioner. He talks me out of swapping the Turbos out, and building a single turbo kit. So I decided on a Turbo, and he said that the HKS manifold with the 60mm WG was the best, so I had him order both. I ordered some 4” SS pipe, mandrels, and v-bands, so he could complete a new exhaust. So the Turbo came in, and his secretary asked if I could come up and pay for it, Sure no problem the next day I decied to go up there. On my way there around 3pm… another call from the secretary, making sure I was coming. So I arrive to Xtreme to pay for the Turbo, the manifold wasn’t in yet and it had been about 2 weeks since ordering(est time frame was 4 days when ordered) he said he had tracked it and it would be there on Monday. So I paid for the manifold so that Carl could get started once the manifold came in, and save me a trip back. Over 4 weeks later, and numerous calls to Xtreme, Still NO MANIFOLD. Well now its backordered "blah-blah" I told Carl I was going to pick up the car to break-in the new clutch, and once the manifold was in, id bring the car back.

He said “ OK you want to pick it up tonight…” I said I would pick it up the next morning. I went to pick it up, the DP wasn’t on, nor was one of the IC pipes, Battery dead, armrest had a tear on it from the DP resting on it, Various Scratchs around the body, Power antenna Bent, and it doesn’t go up or down it is stuck half way. This stuff annoyed me. I told him that I might order another manifold if it is going to take to long to get it in. He said he already tried a few places and nobody had it. So when I got back home I contacted Ryan Woon(WOTM) and he had said he had a Manifold ready to go. I called Carl back and told him I might order one from him, he laughed and basically said his welds are terrible and its all around garbage. So I asked him about the Full-Race manifold as I seen it in person earlier that week at a show and it looked very sturdy and nice, he didn’t like that either… If it isn’t HKS he doesn’t want to know about it.

So while on the ride home I noticed quite a bit of noises from under the car, and what sounds to be a bolt that knocked around some shit and shot out the back. So I got the car back, and decided to fix the 2nd turbo myself. I pulled off some of intake plumbing and got to the 2nd turbo and the compressor wheel was perfect no play and spun very smoothly. So I went online and decided to do the TTC mod to see if it was something else. While under the car I feel my back getting wet, turns out Carl Sr. never put the Hose clamp back on the lower hose. Jr’s response… “ He thought we were gonna have to pull out the radiator again to install the New turbo” But in exchange for the my frusteration he was going to HOOK me up with a good price on an Aluminum Radiator as I had iquired about it earlier. He called me up and said... Fluidyne $449 or PWR Radiator $499. MVP sells the Fluidyne for the exact same price, and the PWR for $10 cheaper. What a HOOK-UP. I also decided to check out were some of my noises are coming from… Under the car right before the differential there is a brace that holds both sides of the tunnel together and looks like if the driveshaft was to break, it would lay on this brace, so it doesn’t hit the ground. Well all 6 bolts were loose, NOT hand tight, 2-3 threads of each bolt were holding it on. Well 5 now… the 6th one was the one I probally heard fall off. I tighten all 5 that I have left. So I went out for a cruise and the TTC conversion shows that both Turbos are good, the car runs 100x better now. Now I have 11.0-11.3 A/F WOT and cruising at 12.7-13.5 A/F. Now I am getting closer to 18mpg up from 9mpg!!!!

·
320hp
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I decide to take out the car one night. Its cool and dry, and I decide to go for a Cruise, the clutch has just over 500 miles on it and I decide to open it up. Im at the end of 2nd gear… About to shift 3rd, the car DIES, all engine power loss… I try to bump it…Nothing!!! I pull it in a parking lot, I look under the hood for any loose connections or strange issues… Nothing… I proceed to call Carl (11pm on his Cell, Numerous times no answer) I decide to have it towed back to my place. At the same time an hour passes still no Tow Truck. Its now 1AM and im exhausted. I pull out the manual, I start pulling fuses. I come to find out the Multiport ignition fuse is blown, I quicly replace it with a Fuse and were off… the car is running. Its idle’ng at 3k… but running, I get it to the gas station and shut it down. I start it back up, and head home. I talk to Carl the next afternoon and told him my problem.

He said,
“That is very common and I should go to Pepboys, they sell 10 packs of 30amp fuses for when they blow out”

Now ive never heard about this, I contact AEM, they know nothing about it, I contact a few other forum members with the EMS and they have heard nothing about it either. Also I notice at the time my Cruise control no longer works, worked before and after the EMS install, and only works when it wants to…
Three days pass by, I’m about to head off to work when I walk around the front of the car to see about a Quart of Coolent on the ground… Great what now??? I open the hood, and see sure enough it is leaking from the water pump. So I closed the hood and took my truck to work instead. I called Carl, he said he doesn’t know why it could be leaking, and that when I find out, to give him a call. So I look it over, along with the cooling system diagrams. I notice where it is leaking from it turns out there are (2) o-rings, One on each side of a tube that connects the Water Pump to the Waterneck. The tube is pressed into the waterpump, then the waterneck is pressed on to it, and rebolted to the cylinder head. I asked Carl if that is the way he removed it. He said yes… I figured maybe he installed it from the side and slipped it onto the tube. HE definitly installed it without removing it and when reinstallign it tore the o-ring. So on my day off I decide to fix it myself. I replace both o-rings, the lower o-ring was tore-up, and was allowing coolent to come out. While removing the Waterneck, the gasket is original, bolts have usual grime/surface rust on them(THE WATERNECK WAS NOT REMOVED AS TOLD BY CARL JR.) After 10 min of scraping off the original gasket, I replaced it with a new Toyota one.

At this point I could only imagine what else could be loose underneath the car, so I put the car on my neighbors lift. It turns out a ton of bolts were left loose.
1. 6 bolts hold the driveshaft to the differential via a rubber universal, the 3 bolts that hold the driveshaft to the universal were loose, you can literally remove the bolts with your fingers and the driveshaft car be removed!!!
2.All the bolts were loose on the brace, which were tightened earlier in the post.
The tranny brace bolts 2 of the 4 were loose.
3.I also had installed an ATi dampner. Of the 6 screws that hold the dampner together, 3 were backed out all the way. I know these were flush when I picked up the car, now they are backed out ready to fall out. I retorqued all 6 screws as all were loose!

At this point I am quite pissed off, I normally will do my own work on my car, or have friend familiar with the job help me. I bought this car, and wanted a nice job done so I brought it to a professional (Or at least what I thought was a professional)

So I contact Carl Jr. again at this point he comes out immediatly and says
“ I will give you your money back for the Manifold set-up kit, that he is getting sick of the calls daily from me and other customers wanting to know where parts are.”

After talking to Carl each time, he will say call me tomorrow or a certain day and ill find out when it will be in. I follow up on parts I order, if someone tells me to call 2 weeks from now you wont hear for me for 2 weeks. At this point hearing that I will receive a refund was like music to my ears. I didn’t want this guy working on my car.

So I take the trip up to Xtreme to pick up my parts that I had in, and my refund. I confront Carl about all my loose bolts, and told him I brought the car there because I thought he knew what he was doing. Carl was very professional, but he clearly couldn’t give a sh!t less. He refunded me $2000 cash and a check post dated for 1 month??? This guy knows what he did wrong, I just don’t know why he wouldn’t want to make it right. I was prepared to spend a lot of money on this car. Single install, Built motor, cage, etc. And at the same time I had Carl tune my Turbo Type R, which turned out ok. In the morning it ran like crap till it warmed up(didn’t do before he tuned it) and ran pig rich, I think richer than the Supra. Also, I had referred a friend to Carl, who is spending $10k worth of labor/parts there.

It seems like whenever Carl orders parts, they never, NEVER come in on time, the only parts that came in quickly was the Greddy IC, but It was boxed from Titan motorsports. The AEM EMS took a long time probally close to a month, from the day I ordered it.(again expected the EMS in less than 3 days) When he ordered the FJO wideband, he didn’t get the Display screen (FJO's fault again, as stated by Carl) and when he did he ordered a Red one not Green like I requested, "so i guess Red it is..." Timing belt over a month to come in, supposedly they sent a skyline one. (SURE!!) Then my friend ordered his Turbo, 2 weeks later, still no Turbo.

Recently I went up there to pick up my friends pistons. Carl still owed me $350 from parts that he hadnt gotten for me that i paid for, so i was going to use my credit to pick up the pistons. He called and said they were in, so i get there and He pulled out a box of pistons and on the side of the box it said 4G63 he said maybe they were boxed wrong, and was looking for part numbers. Guess what??? CP pistons sent him the wrong ones. (How does Carl always not get the right parts???) Carl then Told me that it is there mistake and they will have CP pistons overnight them to him. Two days later still no pistons, at this point my friend calls Carl again, now he wants a Deposit to order the pistons...
Understandable YES!

But, NOT when you said they were coming and you had no problem ordering these before. I previosuly ordered a $2000 Turbo with no deposit from me!!! AND you still have $350 that you owe me!!! At this point we decided to order Pistons and Rods elsewere(Race Engineering) On my friends next day off, We decide to go pick up his car at Xtreme. The tow truck arrives at 11:45, Carl Sr. informs the Tow driver there is an outstanding bill and the car is going no where, and he is going to luch(12:00-1:00) We arrive at Xtreme around 12:15. At 1:00 Carl Jr returns, We ask him about the bill??? He says we have to wait for his father... HOLD UP, we never dealt with his father, always him, so why cant he help us??? At 1:30 his father arrives back and tells us the Bill is for $1000 Storage for Two months!!!!!!!!! Obserd, The sign clearly says once work is completed you have 2 days to pick up your car or a $35 storage fee will apply. NOTHING WAS EVER DONE!!! THE CAR WAS PUSHED AGAINST A LOG TO HAVE THE PAINT CHIP OFF THE FRONT SPOILER!!! We were still waiting on the Turbo that was ordered 3 weeks ago, The Stock Turbo, DP, Up-Pipe, Injectors, Cyl Heads were supposed to be removed. All of which WERE NOT. So nothing was Completed. So my friend paid the $1000 to them to pull the car out. FAIR??? NO...

After my experience with Xtrememotorwerks(Xtremeracecars) I've met others with the same problems as mine.
This post is not to start a pissing match between Me, Carl, Xtreme, or any of his associates. This is a Shop review, I see posts of him advertising to local Forum members, and I want the truth out. The recent thread on SPI Powerexcel (A shop I’m quite familiar with) shoody work motivated me to making this post.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Heh, it's easy to tune a "flat" A/F curve when you've bottomed the A/F sensor isn't it? :rolleyes: I never ceased to be amazed at what some "pros" turn out for tunes. A/F is NOT hard to tune, ignition and driveability is where the work comes in. If you're starting from a well tuned base mapping the driveability basics are done already and there are a few good maps out there to start from. <shrug> Parts showing up late happens and yeah bolts can back out but wow problem after problem just gets old. Hasn't there been another thread on this shop in the past?

·
320hp
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Brief break down....

1.Lied about having a Dyno…
2.Can’t work AEM Boost Control
3.Greddy Timing Belt (Over a Month to come in; Est Delivery 4 days)
4.Not informed aftermarket ignition needed (After install of EMS, He recommends this)
5.Tunes the car Pig Rich, Pinning the Guage at 10.0 a/f
6.Rough crossover when 2nd turbo comes online (Said he called AEM, and they don’t know how to do it either)
7.Pulls the WG hose and plugs it with a Bolt because he cant work the Boost Control. (MAX: 16.5psi)
8.Car looked more like a Diesel WOT, and 7-9MPG!!!
9.Carl unable to tell me the specs on the Turbo I ordered.
10.HKS Set-up kit(Manifold and Wastegate) Est. Delivery 4 days, over a month later NO manifold. I was told HKS was getting 36 manifolds from Japan, and in there container they got NONE. But originally they had it in stock and tracked to his shop
11.Armrest 1” tear from were the DP was resting for over a month
12.2” scratch near wing
13.Antenna Bent 45 degrees, after straightened, still no longer goes up or down!!!
14.Bolt falls off car
15.Underbody brace: All bolts loose (6)
16.Driveshaft bolts loose
17.2 of the 4 tranny bolts loose
18.3 of the 6 Balancer screws backed out!!!
19.1 tranny Bolt hand tight
20.New water pump installed(old one was still good) after 500 miles it starts leaking
21.Lower rad hose no Hose clamps.
22.Random occurances of Fuse popping (im told to pick up a 10 pack this is normal) WTF
23.Has my money for over a month and post dates a Refund Check for a month.
24.Wrong FJO Screen.
25.Orders pistons, doesn’t order pistons, just wants more money… Over 2 week wait, I call CP direct, they don’t shelf stock the piston he so called ordered, and so called tracked to his shop
26.Charges $1000 storage for a car they didn’t touch for over 2 months but in exchange scratch, and chip the front lip spoiler. (Furthermore I completed the work needed to be done in less than 3 hours)
27.Type-R tune ran ok… yes better than when I brought it in, but he didn’t do any magic, you couldn’t get on it low range. Im sure it could of ran a lot better, with a better Tuner.

Of 27… 3 are late parts, which is usally understandable, but in this case, it looks like the parts were not ordered promply. And im sure I can go on… I don’t need the Posts from carl that im gay or any other BS… This is a shop review… Sure you did some work, and i was told ou would make it better each time. I guess when I heard the stories before I went there I should have listened… But Carl put up a Good act.

To Broken Silver, Psykotic, VNT, and Mystik you guys along with others are local guys, and By posting this it doesnt get me any money i spent with Xtreme back, but maybe help others when choosing a shop. Im sure in time a few others will chime in on there experiences...

AZmongoose... Ill be in contact... but i think i might go back to doing some of the work myself. But maybe something in the future

BLKMGK... When you coming to Jersey.. ;) I understand bolts come loose... but ones that are not tightened in the first place are a differant story. And parts Yes, sure they always get backordered or come in late... But on almost anything i ordered Carl told me 4 days... I dont know when he picked up on the 4 days thing, most of the stuff comes from Cali and is usally a week... I Guess its the Sales pitch.

I don’t need the Posts from carl that im gay or any other BS… You said the same shit to me when i asked you about One of the other forum members car, You were like he's Gay and all this BS... This is a shop review… Sure you did some work, and i was told ou would make it better each time. I guess when I heard the stories before I went there I should have listened… But Carl put up a Good act.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Hrm, before you go too nutz there are some things on the list I'll comment on... :hug:

#2 - Not sure why but no one seems to be able to get the AEM to modify boost on OEM twins with the GM solenoid or OEM solenoid. Makes no sense since we can get MBCs to work and it could be plumbed just like that as a bleeder but :dunno: Trouble with this is no surprise to me, others have noted the same.

#4 This is pretty well known if you've tuned the AEM on a Supra. Some cars manage to boost higher than others without it but with a single it's pretty much required. :dunno: Denso Iridiums help too.

#5 Hrm, I wouldn't want to see 10.anything WOT unless you're spraying meth. It's likely not costing all that much power but it's ugly, pollutes, and is kind of a bad idea. Once you bottom the W/B you really have NO idea what A/F is so correcting is it a PITA. The AEM W/B bottoms early so tuning with them is painful for me. Always tune rich to lean and you can do math to figure out how much to pull or add but if you're bottomed you have to guess.

#6 This is odd. I and Kevin nailed this down pretty good years ago and it was documented in the AEM forums, it's probably buried. :dunno: It takes some time but on the dyno you can watch the transition to smooth it out. Hopefully the mapping you've got has the turbos sequencing correctly. Most OEM twin cars I've tuned lately have been TTC and that's CAKE to tune with no transition to sweat. tune the transition right and you pickup BIG midrange power - no huge dip in the graph.

#7 See #2. On my car I ran free boost. Okay not a great idea but it was fun! :D For dyno tuning a car I might do this with the expectation that it would get a controller later on. One day I'll get a chance again to do boost control on an OEM twin car to see what's up here. A golf tee might have been prettier than a bolt maybe? :lol:

#8 See #5. I'd ask - what was the cruise A/F? That's where MPG will be going, that and timing. The OEM computer runs pretty lean at cruise and has a good bit of timing so I've tried to do that in my tunes to up MPG. What's the timing at cruise? Tuning all around drive cycle is tough and takes a good base mapping to do it quickly. Much of this has to be done on the street too. Most folks pay for and desire WOT tuning and don't realize driveability is hardest, were you expecting to have this done and did you pay for that? It's always a good idea to lay out for a tuner exactly what you want\need tuned before any keys get punched. It's easy to say you'll take care of it "all" and then tuners load a basemap with only WOT actually tuned. THAT would not be a properly tuned car all around but I've seen it done a few times! I cannot recall if you sent me this map and if you did which one it was - was this the really "pretty" map that graphed great? Wasn't Boost Comp'd?

#15 You tightened some bolts up yourself and they loosened up again right? That's pretty odd...

#22 Hrm, 3 years and no fuse ever popped here. I've met one or two people online who have popped a fuse with the AEM but it's in no way normal :eek: I'd ask about this on the AEM forum to see if anyone who's seen this can comment. I've not ever seen it myself and have done 5 or 6 AEM installs at least :dunno:

#26 I've seen shops do this to PITA customers. No comment ;) I even know one of one twit who dropped a car off with a wrecker and let it sit at a shop for a YEAR before suddenly calling and wanting to know status :eek:

Delivery time ordering parts is out of the shop owner's hands once he places an order. Likewise so is having the wrong stuff shipped although after having it occur a few times I'd be irked. Some of the threads from the big shops in the past have been pretty enlightening with regards to parts ordering. The distributors give them a date, they pass that date to you, they order the part, date passes, distributor jerks them around, customer in turn feels jerked around. The shop is often caught in the middle here, it sux. :sadwavey: Headers.... I'm not sure I'd insist on HKS but I do happen to know that even soem of the "better" headers have been known to show up and NOT fit with crappy welds to boot. BL's headers have always fit I'm told so at least that's a data point to bear in mind. Sometimes shops like to stick with what they KNOW will work rather than having to dick with stuff that ALMOST works. Shops also sometimes make more money on certain parts so who knows...

·
320hp
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Blkmgk..

#2 It was only an issue because I was told it would be working, another tuner told me to use a EBC or MBC. But Carl told me he can use it. So that was the problem… But after he plugged the bolt in the hose he tucked it behind one of the Solenoid’s ;)

#4Again, wasn’t a real issue but I was comparing price when deciding. AEM vs. Others, and it would have been nice to know before hand, when I asked if anything else was reccomeded.

#5Before the Dyno, he told me he can figure it out and nail it dead on… once at the Dyno he forgot I guess…

#8Cruise was no higher than 12.1 before… but was more commonly 10.3-11.0, start-up was pinned at 10.0 and idle was at 10.8

#15NO, its been about another 500 miles or so… and I checked and all the bolts are tight.

#26I have seen it also, with a close friend in the impound business, I am quite aware of it, but with a Policy stating, Storage fee applies 2 days after job completion, and no work was done. Especially work that took me 3 hours to do??? Maybe a refund will be heading my way.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am very sorry that you had a bad experience with Xtreme Motorwerks, I had my car there (IS300) and had some work done (Intake, exhaust, suspension) and was very pleased. No problems at all.
ummm...spoolnV8 do you think you are any better or any more professional then rocked the way you are talking.
If what you are saying is true...You deserved it!

·
320hp
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
stan7b said:
Huh, I find this quite funny SPOOLNV8.... I just so happened to come across quite a few threads where you said that Carl did great work etc......
Just look at this people..Does this make sense? I think he has personal issues with Carl!!!
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=280824
Another one.....
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279649
I never said his AEM install wasnt clean... But why should it be otherwise. The ECU plugs in. And yes his prices on everyhting i bought was good... But my friend on the otherhand wasnt so lucky and was getting the shit end of the stick on pricing... Carl said he would re-tune it and make a Race gas tune. And he also promised my Tune on CD... still to this day i dont have. At the time of both posts i was happy with Xtreme... He promised to fix up what i was unhappy with, then all the loose bolts, leaking water pump, etc... just got out of hand.

Im glad you were happy with your install. Maybe Carl should stick to Intake/Exhaust mods. But i dunno they do have the 350z that is the worlds fastest that no one seen run.

I guess a Mod edited out all the BS posts from XMW.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
First off this thread has been completly edited(bullshit taken out from everyone adding fuel to the fire)and since both sides are just ranting out of anger, so ill give them both the chance to tell there sides in a proper manner.

and please no personal attacks and dont post bs that has nothing to do with the shop or shops.

ALSO everyone else unless you have some input on this matter please dont post your BS and attemp to add fuel to the fire.so now moving on........

yes TurboXpress and talltrini10, i do have my car there!

and right now i have no complaints or praise about Xtrememotorwerks and there work on my personal car since they havent started yet .

all i can say is that CARL jr. pointed things out to me very fast that where wrong that i already knew where wrong but that didnt stand right out and i was happy with the fact they did see small things like that fast.

to add i was told the day i was there , i would get email updates with my progress and was invited to come down anytime my car is worked on to see what exactly is going on and to pop up when ever i feel like to see whats up with my car.

on a side note about purchasing items and whne there are shipped to the store you purchased from.
the same thing has happened to me when someone needed a greddy(3 row fmic) and some defi(link guages) and hks items(cant rember what parts exactly).
but my distributer told me the parts would be here in a week there on there way from japan and it turned out to be almost 5-6 weeks and i was left helpless as i could do only one of 2 things
1.tell the customer the part is still not here and tell them the eta given to me by my distributer
or
2.refund there money
either way i have an upset buyer who thinks
im just slacking getting parts, when in all truth its out of my or my distributers hands and all up too the time it will arive from japan (since none of the parts are made here) and also when customs will clear the items from the ports to go to the sources.

regardless a customer doesnt want to hear this BS and thinks stores are pulling there chain when in all honesty there not.

also sometimes one store might have the item you want but that doesnt mean the store you purchased it from has access to that inventory, hence they cant get it till there distributer gets it.

on a side note
read my bad story with SPI and also some info on how i got the bull from BULLISH Racing there as well.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295380

·
320hp
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ranger498 said:
First off this thread has been completly edited(bullshit taken out from everyone adding fuel to the fire)and since both sides are just ranting out of anger, so ill give them both the chance to tell there sides in a proper manner.

and please no personal attacks and dont post bs that has nothing to do with the shop or shops.

ALSO everyone else unless you have some input on this matter please dont post your BS.

TurboXpress and talltrini10

yes i do have my car there!

and right now i have no complaints or praise about Xtrememotorwerks and there work on my personal car since they havent started yet .

all i can say is that CARL jr. pointed things out to me very fast that where wrong that i already knew where wrong but that didnt stand right out and was happy with that they did see small things like that fast.

to add i was told the day i was there , i would get email updates with my progress and was invited to come down anytime my car is worked on to see what exactly is going on and to pop up when ever i feel like to see whats up with my car.

on a side note about purchasing items and whne there are shipped to the store you purchased from.
the same thing has happened to me when someone needed a greddy(3 row fmic) and some defi(link guages) and hks items(cant rember what parts exactly).
but my distributer told me the parts would be here in a week there on there way from japan and it turned out to be almost 5-6 weeks and i was left helpless as i could do only one of 2 things
1.tell the customer the part is still not here and tell them the eta given to me by my distributer
or
2.refund there money
either way i have an upset buyer who thinks
im just slacking getting parts, when in all truth its out of my or my distributers hands and all up too the time it will arive from japan (since none of the parts are made here) and also when customs will clear the items from the ports to go to the sources.

regardless a customer doesnt want to hear this BS and thinks stores are pulling there chain when in all honesty there not.

also sometimes one store might have the item you want but that doesnt mean the store you purchased it from has access to that inventory, hence they cant get it till there distributer gets it.

on a side note
read my bad story with SPI and also some info on how i got the bull from BULLISH Racing there as well.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295380

Well after being told that Carl did the $80,000 Buy in with HKS direct, i figure'd id get a straight answer the first time, no distributors, just him and HKS,But HKS doesnt list him as a Distributor, so for $80k you would think they would list you right??? I understand parts get backordered and it might be someone else's fault, But i was told that parts were tracked to his shop and would be there in a few days. That is BS'ng the customer when they dont come in. There is only so much that can go by, when you realize that somethings up.

Also, alot of the problems i was not happy with was all the problems with the car after the work was done.
1. The rich tune that was supposed to be fixed when it was brought in for hte clutch job
2. All the bolts not even tight. Thats not even safe!!
3. Leaking water pump that is new(the old one wasnt even bad)
4. The car might be 10 years old but is in good shape and all the added scratchs, tore armrest, bent antenna.
5. No hose clamps on the Radiator, Luckily i noticed it before it leaked out and overheated.

I didnt bring my car there to have to double check the work. Carl did explain everthing good, but im no expert. And when i verified soem of his comments with others more Knowlegable than myself, they often laughed.

Ranger i wish you the best of luck there... it looks like you have been BS'd more than me with other shops.

·
Registered
350 Posts
stan7b, there is nothing professional about coming online and bad mouthing a shop but you gotta understand that theres a reason for a forum like this for, to explain experiences for others to use. i believe bobby was tryin to be very respectful and state the facts that he knew at the time

bobby (i believe thats ur name if i remember correctly from the first time i met you at the marlboro lot), im sorry about your experience. i read some good things about extreme too and it was reassuring to know that theres a shop in our area in case something needs to be done

after taking the min to read this slowly, it goes to show that sometimes its best to work on your own car even if it may take longer than expected

extreme has done good work to fellow members and thats why its so baffling to hear an experience like this. dont think im tryin to discredit the business being run over there, just stating my opinion about the whole ordeal

ranger, if i said something that you do not like, just let me know and ill take care of it

ryan

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
ChBrAc16 said:
stan7b, there is nothing professional about coming online and bad mouthing a shop but you gotta understand that theres a reason for a forum like this for, to explain experiences for others to use. i believe bobby was tryin to be very respectful and state the facts that he knew at the time

bobby (i believe thats ur name if i remember correctly from the first time i met you at the marlboro lot), im sorry about your experience. i read some good things about extreme too and it was reassuring to know that theres a shop in our area in case something needs to be done

after taking the min to read this slowly, it goes to show that sometimes its best to work on your own car even if it may take longer than expected

extreme has done good work to fellow members and thats why its so baffling to hear an experience like this. dont think im tryin to discredit the business being run over there, just stating my opinion about the whole ordeal

ranger, if i said something that you do not like, just let me know and ill take care of it

ryan
no worries just not looking for head bashing like some threads turn into as people start getting carried away .

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
good luck Bobby...hopefully someone saved the more juicier posts that were deleted....many of which were relevant to the crap work that XMW has done and should serve as a warning to anyone else who considers using them.....craziness

·
Registered
519 Posts
I went to Extreme Motorwerks couple of times, it wasn't a very big jobs done to my 1987 7M Turbo, but one thing I can say that both Carl's, are pleasent/helpfull people to make deal with and that junior know how to weld and fabricate :rockon:
Alex

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
ranger, why exactly would you remove all the posts made by carl showing his severe lack of professionalism? which is very much so relavent to this thread..... the dispaly he made in this thread alone would make people not want to bring there cars to him...

this is yet another example of you editing or deleting post or threads in carl and rocked's favor... i think your a little to biased in these situations and another mod should have handle this thread if they felt they needed to, and ironically enough another mod did, he came in here and banned rocked for 2 days..... :confused:

jay

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
jaynite said:
ranger, why exactly would you remove all the posts made by carl showing his sever lack of professionalism? which is very much so relavent to this thread..... the dispaly he made in this thread alone would make people not want to bring there cars to him...

this is yet another example of you editing or deleting post or threads in carl and rocked's favor... i think your a little to biased in these situations and another mod should have handle this thread if they felt they neededto, and ironically enough another mod did, he came in here and banned rocked for 2 days..... :confused:

jay

I agree with you Jay, that's pretty damn onesided!

vnt :)

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Agreed. I'm not sure why you would remove post made by one of the co-owners of shop. In fact it doesn't make ANY sense. I would never and I repeat will never take my car to a place that bad mouth their customers the way they do. Removing post like that is hiding how Xtrememtorwerks does business :dunno:

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Another fine example of how creative moderation makes decieving people look good, and horrible customer service swept under the rug.

1 - 20 of 158 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.