Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why don't more of the Yahoo list people post here? Seems like it would me more efficient than an email list IMHO. Do you guys think they know about this forum and should someone do some advertising?

·
Registered
110 Posts
If anything it's more interesting and fun using the supraforums. You can actually post pictures and stuff with ease. Plus I like the way the subjects are seperated and then you just read the ones you want.

·
Retired Super-Mod
10,170 Posts
Here are advantages to a mail list:
1) Automatic notifications when mail arrives (i.e. you don't have to hit reload all the time)
2) Easier quoting and response to multiple posts at once...
3) Fewer jerks on the Mk2 list than on here... if you read more posts on here you'll realize how many real a$$holes clog up the supraforums...

the only reason that I'm even on Supraforums is for the MkIV information... the community that we have on the MkII list is really rare on the internet. Most communities have a lot of real jerks like here on supraforums.

YMMV. I've only been on the internet for 9 years.. ;)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's cool...I guess I'll just hang out a both...

There is an email notification checkbox when you compse a message;) But, after 9 years, you probably knew that:)

BTW what does YMMV mean? I've been on the net for a while, like 7 or 8 years, and I have never seen that before!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, this site looks like a nice place tough.... however, I really enjoy reading the yahoo mk2 list too .... besides I may sometime "forget" to check this site, but the yahoo list also comes on mail so that won't be a problem... of course I would check this list once a day or even more, but the yahoo list will still be my favourite :)

(hmm 1000 chars are max here!! - sucks.... can't write race stories then :-( )

·
Retired Super-Mod
10,170 Posts
threesixty said:
That's cool...I guess I'll just hang out a both...

There is an email notification checkbox when you compse a message;) But, after 9 years, you probably knew that:)

BTW what does YMMV mean? I've been on the net for a while, like 7 or 8 years, and I have never seen that before!
Right... there is a notification check box, but you have to check that every time you post, and you have to then have your mail open all of the time, and then you have to click the link to open the page... etc.

YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary)... :)

We have a really nice community on the MkII list as I said... I'd hate to see a web forum take that away.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yo comprendo! Yea, the mk2 list is incredibly busy. I am impressed that cars that old have so many dedicated owners. God bless the Supra!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts