Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Search
Joined
·
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
g/f is thinking about getting a new car... (ford escort isn't exactly cutting it)

The Yaris looks good... cheap, good MPG, anyone heard any good / bad about it?
 

·
Search
Joined
·
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
eh, I couldn't care less about power, handling, as long as its within reason... its never going to be raced or anything like that, its strictly for my g/f... I'll probally hardly even drive it.

i wanna know how it stands reliablility wise, etc....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
381 Posts
Justin said:
eh, I couldn't care less about power, handling, as long as its within reason... its never going to be raced or anything like that, its strictly for my g/f... I'll probally hardly even drive it.

i wanna know how it stands reliablility wise, etc....

Being a new car its hard to say, usually the first year or two of a production model has a few kinks that get worked out in later years. I would assume reliability would be high with this car, nothing complicated about it, just a toy 4cyl.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
Yeah, I dont see how it owuld be all that bad since its a simple toyota 4 banger car. Could go with the Xa since its a more proven car though?
 

·
Never narc'd on nobody
Joined
·
3,246 Posts
RedBeauty84ZX said:
Being a new car its hard to say, usually the first year or two of a production model has a few kinks that get worked out in later years. I would assume reliability would be high with this car, nothing complicated about it, just a toy 4cyl.
We've had the engines, trannies and basic shell in the form of the Echo for years....so there shouldn't be much teething to work out. Maybe some trim bits and whatnot, but mechanically there's nothing revolutionary to worry about.

There is a very dedicated Echo/Yaris following around here. All of the local auto-parts stores use Echos for runners. Some have 200,000 HARD kms on them and they still run strong as hell. If that is the type of vehicle she's looking at, I would have 0 reservations on the Yaris. It's easy to drive, peppy and fun enough, VERY roomy for a small car, and cheap to fuel/insure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,882 Posts
The yaris has been around for quite sometime. It's been a top selling car in Europe, so the kinks should be worked out now.

I love how cute it is. My mom is thinking about buying two, one for my brother and one for my sister.
 

·
Vanilla
Joined
·
1,458 Posts
supra_onna95 said:
The yaris has been around for quite sometime. It's been a top selling car in Europe, so the kinks should be worked out now.
According to the British magazines I've read, the Yaris was a flop in Europe. In the last TopGear they had a story on the Nissan Micra, and were talking about Japan's previous failures in trying to enter the European sub-compact market, they mentioned the Yaris specifically.
 

·
GM Interior Designer
Joined
·
658 Posts
The Nissan Versa is coming, I don't think the Micra is. I woudn't worry about the Yaris being a bad car, as "North" said it is mostly just recycled Tercel/Echo/xA bits, but it is probably as ho-hum as it gets. The car had a pretty bad showing compared to the other micro cars now on the market in a recent comapro test done by, I think C&D. And considering the track record of its predecessors, I would have thought Toyota would have done a much better job with this new vehicle.

The Honda Fit is the best out of that segment.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top