Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Big D. Moderator
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, im looking to pick up a supra, but cant seem to find a year by year break down of what features where added.
does anyone have a list like this?
thanks in advance
d.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know a lot of people on this board will be able to tell you more, but I can tell you a little.

Horsepower and torque were the same all years (93.5-98), no major engine or driveline changes.

97 and 98 offered polished wheels, standard on the turbo I believe.

I believe 97 and 98 were OBD-II cars.

Steering wheel in 98 was the 3 spoke design, not sure about 97.

Badging differed slightly through the years, notably the 15th anniversary emblem on the '97.

Taillights and headlights different on 97 and 98 (fronts darker and rears had different inner trim).

Earlier cars came with Bridgestones, later cars came with Michelins, not that it matters because most all of them have been changed by now.

The center console and door switch bezels are a flatter black on the 96-98 cars, the earlier cars have a glossier black.

This is all stupid little changes, I'm sure someone here can correct me if I'm wrong or add to the list. But this will get you started.

·
Registered
922 Posts
97-98 have different rear diff
different abs
different inside door handles (rubber no leather)
ivory replaces tan interior
different front seats (no seperate headrest)
different shifter in the 6speeds
clear turn signals
softer suspension

Did all models come with the front grill insert. I can't tell since everyone has a front mount these days.

97 models are all loaded targa, polished wheels, spoiler, leather etc. for the turbo models at least.

Actually I think older cars came with Michelins and new cars came with Bridgestones.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know my '94 has no bumper insert but the '98's do.

I forgot about the clear turn signals. Which cars have the softer suspension?

I know the '98's came with Michelins. Actually, Bridgestone and Michelin might have shared that business like many tire makers do on cars.

·
Super Big D. Moderator
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
different rear diff? which has the better ratio? pre 96? or 97/98?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts